can our tyre tampal?

simplythebest

fugg, i think my tyre got tiny small hole, i pump air 2 days ago then this morning my tyre flat .. then quickly drive to the nearest petrol station and pump .. last week i accidently hit the side of the rim and it got scratched and the tyre kena abit .. damn .. now i need to pump my tyre every 2 days .. tyre only used about 15,000 km's, if the tyre can last me another 20,000 km's also ok liao :(

is it dangerous to drive out like this? but my tyre still very good woo :(

johnsonlam

DIY King
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by simplythebest@Dec 26 2003, 05:35 PM
fugg, i think my tyre got tiny small hole, i pump air 2 days ago then this morning my tyre flat .. then quickly drive to the nearest petrol station and pump .. last week i accidently hit the side of the rim and it got scratched and the tyre kena abit .. damn .. now i need to pump my tyre every 2 days .. tyre only used about 15,000 km's, if the tyre can last me another 20,000 km's also ok liao :(

is it dangerous to drive out like this? but my tyre still very good woo :(
Can.. now with new Techniques you can tampal all types of lubang.

Worst comes to worst.. They insert Inner Tube for you.. But not good on tyres which are made for Tubeless because the inside don't have groves to grip the tube.

Anyway.. My old tyres have all types of tampal.. Still can use very very long... Highway still fly 140km... Corners still hantam...

All depends on luck..

simplythebest

how much u did your tampal, johnson

hey, if i let them do my rim how long it takes ar? 1 whole day ah? only 1 piece
still under warranty

Archangel

Dec 5, 2003
if the hole is at the tyre sidewall i don't think can tampal. but else where should be able to.

btw, u sure it is ur tyre has hole or it is because ur rim dented since u hit it.

johnsonlam

DIY King
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by simplythebest@Dec 26 2003, 05:43 PM
how much u did your tampal, johnson

hey, if i let them do my rim how long it takes ar? 1 whole day ah? only 1 piece
still under warranty
Tampal I got 'special price' RM 2 only.. But usually is RM 10 i think.. Like Archangel said. If at certain sidewall, cannot tampal.. But I am seen people does that before. Dunno dangerous or not.. Since more presure there.

Rims.. These old people here takes 1 week to do.. but if small scratch and good shop.. 1 day should be enuf.

simplythebest

Originally posted by Archangel@Dec 26 2003, 05:47 PM
if the hole is at the tyre sidewall i don't think can tampal. but else where should be able to.

btw, u sure it is ur tyre has hole or it is because ur rim dented since u hit it.
not sure, next monday going back to workshop let them do .. must drive slow slow :ph34r:

johnsonlam

DIY King
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by simplythebest+Dec 26 2003, 05:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (simplythebest @ Dec 26 2003, 05:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Archangel@Dec 26 2003, 05:47 PM

not sure, next monday going back to workshop let them do .. must drive slow slow :ph34r: [/b][/quote]
hahah. Too bad.. This weekend cannot "3 fast 3 Furious" in Kesas ah ? hahah...
All the Best to you on Monday.

Archangel

Dec 5, 2003
all the best bro. hope it is just a hole in the tyre.

sidewall repair is a risk. whether is can be repair or not will depend on the angle & the size of the hole. if your trye beads is damage sure will have to buy new tyre liao. if u drive very hard repairing the sidewall is really dangerous. just be warn.
cheers.

Bert

Muddy Delta
If the sidewall is gone, best to spend the money and replace it.

I had to replace a 1 week old tire cuz the sidewall blew out... no warranty on that :( Best to spedn the money n be safer ratehr than have a blow out when travellign at 150kmh.

simplythebest

I think is just a very tiny hole, 2 days the tyre flat .. but not flat 100% la , left about 50%? hehehe, i just get my rim repaired and i hope the tyre still can be use enough liao.

my 1.3 stock how to 2 fast 2 furious leh? and somemore I dont really like khesas highway, I use khesas like once twice a month? :lol:

simplythebest

Originally posted by Bert@Dec 26 2003, 06:16 PM
If the sidewall is gone, best to spend the money and replace it.

I had to replace a 1 week old tire cuz the sidewall blew out... no warranty on that :( Best to spedn the money n be safer ratehr than have a blow out when travellign at 150kmh.
tyre no warranty one right? hmm so how much did u get u trade in ur 1 week old tyre? 1 week old the tyre still damn fresh leh. :ph34r:

simplythebest

Originally posted by Bert@Dec 26 2003, 06:24 PM
The guy dowan to trade in cuz I had a botu a 1-1.5" gash on teh sidewall... :(

Damn sad man.
WTF, 1week old tyre also dont want to accept .. then did u try other workshop? at least get back some lil money better than nothing :o

bornzreign

Originally posted by simplythebest+Dec 26 2003, 06:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (simplythebest @ Dec 26 2003, 06:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bert@Dec 26 2003, 06:24 PM
The guy dowan to trade in cuz I had a botu a 1-1.5" gash on teh sidewall... :(

Damn sad man.
WTF, 1week old tyre also dont want to accept .. then did u try other workshop? at least get back some lil money better than nothing :o [/b][/quote]
yep..try other wshop..
maybe no luck for u there..

when theres a way,theres always a drag race..
hehhe :ph34r: :ph34r:

Nowadays, Many cars do not come with an Audible lock and unlock sound. Not like those days (Beep Beep)... To install after market in a shop, might cost anywhere between RM 80 - 160 just for the beep beep sound...

This was a circuit design and DIY I did 5 years ago... Posted in LancerGT Club Forum, now sharing it over here as it is applicable universally..

----------

I made 2 versions.. 1 is very very simple.. just need a normal relay with a Siren... HOWEVER, version 1 will...