Can DIY auto lock when brake?

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
hmmm... does ur car has a central lock switch like in old Satrias? Means got a button to press to lock and unlock. If so, ur it would make things simpler. U can wire a relay to the central lock switch to the foot pedal on the brake and everytime it is pressed, the doors would be lock but it would mean that every time u press the brake, the doors would lock eventhough doors already locked.

If u dun have this central lock switch, then u have to tap the signal on the central lock at the driver's door. I am not sure on how the wiring for this would be. You know when u unlock the driver's door, the whole car's lock would unlock too, that's the one to tap. Once u figured out how this works, then wire a relay like the above to this.

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
hahaha.. thanks for the tips.. now really back to the drawing board. My car has this feature, lock from brake pedal, and unlock from controller.

but i'm hoping to DIY it on my gf's kancil... wanna experiment first, before going on the last resort.... send to accessories shop.

takumi86

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
Puchong
if go to accessories shop, they will ask u to change the whole alarm system leeh,
donno why...

if they can do on a stock alarm system, pls observe and let us know ya! ;)

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
thatz why i hope can loh.. coz i dont want to change the whole alarm.. wanna save $$... stock kancil aje.. just want the auto lock for the safety of the driver.

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
just tab a wire from brake light to the alarm system..it is just easy....
but u need to find out which wire from ur alarm is for locking the centre lock....haha..
normally pin 4 to 6 or 12 to 15

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
u mean jz tap the brake light wire to the alarm wire??... means each time i press the brake, it will lock/unlock la....

i'm driving iswara, only have standard alarm system... my central locking device is operated manually on drivers door... so, i still can tap the brake wire to the alarm wire ar??...

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
as long as u have central lock, then it will be...
tab the wire to the LOCK wire at ur alarm system..then when u press brake, there will be current flow to the LOCK wire and it will make the central lock to lock the car

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
howiechoo said:
as long as u have central lock, then it will be...
tab the wire to the LOCK wire at ur alarm system..then when u press brake, there will be current flow to the LOCK wire and it will make the central lock to lock the car
ermm... not advisable to do a direct tap like that. You dunno whether the Voltage for these 2 wires are compatible or not for eg brake light is 12V but the central lock is much less than that coz it is just a signal wire. Even if the voltage are compatible, if u do a direct tap it would work vice versa meaning everytime u central lock, the brake lights would light up. Use a relay instead...

Evo48

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
PJ
From what i know there is a device sold at accessories shop called brake locking system. If not mistaken the price will be around 60. The reason why the accessories shop ask u change the whole alarm because they wan to earn more. Just tell them u just wan the brake locking device only then will be ok.. even u can diy yourself if got time. :)

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
y so mafan? if u wan then add another diod la...erm...dun do it if u scare...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
rm60 plus installation>???.... if not it will add up to rm80... then they will advice u to buy the whole alarm system which cost rm1XX.... i've enquired before, almost all shops advice me to change my whole alarm system... so i didnt change till now...

if can jz DIY lo... regarding tapping the wire from brake light to the LOCK wire in alarm system... if the alarm system wire not using 12v then the alarm will 'kong' or not??....

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
how come car alarm not using 12v ler? hehe
the gun at ur door there also using 12v to unlock/lock ur door ma...

the theory is same with the switch at most of the alarm system to open the door when u push the switch..(some alarm dun have this switch, but can diy it, i had done mine)

but we connect it to the lock wire; door open switch is connect to the unlock wire..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

a classic mercedes benz, commonly used by most business man
and the model u;re looking now, W210 E-class
a successor of the popular W124

well what we;re looking at, is how i restore a 14yr old STOCK paing

side view, looks good coz well washed by me all the time -.-

now u can see the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience