Building your own ECU Fuel/Air controller.

icecube

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
then SAFC got no business liao if ur DIY works. haha....

Reborn

Known Member
Nov 4, 2007
Refering to Eagle Research (Electronic Fuel Injection Enhancer (EFIE) Device [8543.90.6800] - $60.00 : Eagle-Research Store)
there is this product that they sell which can be use to control the fuel injected...

Want to know if anyone can build or know how to build them. I bought the document but i dont think i can build it flawlessly. :D
According from the link u gave it claims EFIE can save 5%-10% fuel bill. Thats alot man!! Wish you success in the future and that time u can came out with your own brand:adore: :adore: :adore:

mayb name IAFC (icecube air/fuel controler) :biggrin: :biggrin:

just joking joking only but i hope all the best to u

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yes it is possible... but u must know in detail how fuel injection cars works...
in fact i thought of doing one for my final year project... i mean jz a simple one lah, but the concept remains the same.... ecu getting signals from different sensors, calculates and controls the AFR of the engine....

unfortunately, both hardware and software part i also still know nothing... i jz got the basic theory only.... hahaha....

icecube

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
thanks to all.

actually SAFC is very different so i dont think they will go anywhere near closing down.

this is just a poor-man-air-fuel-controller. (PARC) LOL!! It just readjust the reading from the O2 sensor feed to the computer.

Anywhere, i think the details given is very blurry.

Here is what i found out from the read up.

1. You need a 1:1 transformer ... (no idea why yet..haha!)
2. You need a pack of resistor and capasitor of different value..(to try out yourself to match the transformer and fine tune the milivolt to the ecu)

So, u need alot of measurement and fine tuning according to the transformer...

Also, in the document, there is no veroboard layout diagram. Just a circuit layout diagram. So you will need to do the layout urself (i think there is a software that can do this but i am not sure about the name of it).

Well, i'll get more info fromt the electronic shops soon after cny. if anyone have good electronic skills, do pm me so we can check the stuff out together.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
thanks to all.

actually SAFC is very different so i dont think they will go anywhere near closing down.

this is just a poor-man-air-fuel-controller. (PARC) LOL!! It just readjust the reading from the O2 sensor feed to the computer.

Anywhere, i think the details given is very blurry.

Here is what i found out from the read up.

1. You need a 1:1 transformer ... (no idea why yet..haha!)
2. You need a pack of resistor and capasitor of different value..(to try out yourself to match the transformer and fine tune the milivolt to the ecu)

So, u need alot of measurement and fine tuning according to the transformer...

Also, in the document, there is no veroboard layout diagram. Just a circuit layout diagram. So you will need to do the layout urself (i think there is a software that can do this but i am not sure about the name of it).

Well, i'll get more info fromt the electronic shops soon after cny. if anyone have good electronic skills, do pm me so we can check the stuff out together.
bro, any website to refer too that we can read up as well??....

icecube

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
icecube,

how is ur AFC proj doing?
the H2 generator does give u fuel saving?

iz282

4,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
Interesting topic here.....

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
yeah.
we have all the scientist gather here to share info.
keke.....................
wish them all the luck.

icecube

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
icecube,

how is ur AFC proj doing?
the H2 generator does give u fuel saving?
There is no progress on the AFC yet. I dont understand the way to make it. Anyone know?

And no the H2 generator on EFI is not good. at first , yes slight improvement on mileage probably cleaning take places but once the ecu start to adjust .... the car became too rich thus getting worst and worst... maybe on carburator is good.

Last edited:

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
There is no progress on the AFC yet. I dont understand the way to make it. Anyone know?

And no the H2 generator on EFI is not good. at first , yes slight improvement on mileage probably cleaning take places but once the ecu start to adjust .... the car became too rich thus getting worst and worst... maybe on carburator is good.
oic........ AFC is not that simply. i also dun understand it. haha.......

maybe kenari ecu not smart enough so at the end it adjust to rich AF ratio.
heard from taxi driver that they also dont want to use NGV gas on their car cozs of heavy maintenance and servicing. he told me the disadvantages of using NGV :
1. timing belt snap earlier. meaning b4 reaching 100,000km the belt might snap. so adviseable to change when reaching 60,000km. the taxi driver with new waja install a NGV and the timing belt snp at 80,000km mileage.
2. tyre cepat botak. he say cozs using NGV not so powerful so the tyre tends to get botak fast as u need to rev high high.
3. every 1mth need to service engine so u can easily start ur car in the morning.
4. other engine components tend to rosak very cepat too.

have anyone heard of this?

dokaugot

Dec 23, 2007

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My 11 yr old Wira 1.5(M) have a problem.
When running my car more than 100km/h
temperature will rise up to 3rd quarter..
at 120km/h and more the temp meter reach redline.
What's the root of the problem?

any sifu's care to help?

tq in advance
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience