Bird shit + wifey finger nails threat test on alien coat unveil by detailien Hive

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
Why Bird Poop Etched on our paint

"Question: How long does it take for a bird dropping to etch paint?

Answer: A few minutes." Mike Phillips

"Remove Bird Dropping Etchings ASAP!
It's important that you remove a bird dropping off your car's finish as fast as you can before it can cause any damage. Bird droppings contain Uric Acid and Uric Acid is corrosive enough to eat past a coating of wax or paint sealant and then begin to etch your car's paint." [urlhttp://www.asktheexterminator.com/birds/Bird_Droppings.shtml[/url]

eg

Many would have asked "I know it's probably futile as the bird poop etching has gone straight through the clearcoat but is there any possible way to reduce the sight of it"?

so with this in mind his wife took out a tissue paper and begin scrubbing hard with her nail on a caked poo poo

some would have reckon it should "not polish (by itself) as not able to remove the defect. It will require wet sanding...do not use bare fingers wet sanding automotive paint...period. You must control the sanding with a block and for this you want to use a precision spot "block" with 1500-1800 wet dry use lots of lube (detail spray or clay lube- preferably high quality clay lube)"

ehhhhhhhh

almost had an heart attack when at first I saw what the wife intervention

this ride was corrected and Alien coated couples of months ago

close up

cordon off

a good thing to test the Coating but not a good timing

Unlike mammals, birds have no bladder because they do not store liquid wastes. Birds pass their urine into a common chamber used for digestive and urinary wastes. This chamber, called the cloaca, also contains reproductive by-products. So, when a bird lets go with a "bomb" it contains white uric acid crystals and a bunch of digestive wastes like insect parts and seeds.
anxiously he and his wife stood by waiting ....like a first time parents

before

tada

close up before

tada

Procedure:-

Optimum Car Wash
Clay with ONR as Lube

Cutting pad With 101

conclusion

after 2-3 cutting passes - the ectch mark significantly decrease and finish with OPtimum black OHP & re opti coat

once again Opti coat with stand the harsh treat of Enemy attack....and I almost had an heart attack when at first I saw what the wife intervention

before

tada

tada

remember before

after 5 months of Alien coating

Nice! I've yet to see a bird bomb get through the coating, in fact, of the well over 100 cars I've done only 1 has had a bird bomb mark at all and that was after it sat under a tree for two weeks and got bombarded. After a wash, only two faint marks were present and easily polished out. Recoated and good to go!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Never fail to impress us bro. :top:

Bird droppings indeed are poisonous to our cars, but didn't know it only takes few minutes for it to penetrate into our clear coat.
A lot I bet do not know that bird droppings are serious issues and only remove it when they send for car wash only to find out
there is a stain or mark left by the bird droppings.

Been there, done that. :rofl: Not gonna let it happen again.

Great sharing bro.

jonlsl

Jun 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
What makes it worse is the soft oem paints. You will have more time if the car is repainted with high solid 2k clear coat. What makes it twice as bad is that usually the car is parked outside thus the paint is hot and some what 'softened' and the acidic bird poo is also heated up by the hot paint. Thus very short time before paint gets etched in. I have a car garaged and cool, bird poos on it and I have a day or more before it etches in. The car is repainted but not with high solid clear but still slightly harder than oem.

The real killer is the heat. That really accelerates things.

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
What makes it worse is the soft oem paints. You will have more time if the car is repainted with high solid 2k clear coat. What makes it twice as bad is that usually the car is parked outside thus the paint is hot and some what 'softened' and the acidic bird poo is also heated up by the hot paint. Thus very short time before paint gets etched in. I have a car garaged and cool, bird poos on it and I have a day or more before it etches in. The car is repainted but not with high solid clear but still slightly harder than oem.

The real killer is the heat. That really accelerates things.
bingo and malaysian bird eat rubbish and shit rubbish too

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all Sifu,

Good Day.
I have a problem here.
Im driving a kelisa, due to engine kong and i upgrade to 1.3cc engine. Puspakom & JPJ order me to changed drum brake to disk brake.

I have change the drum to disk brake, but the problem is there is not enough grip on it. Puspakom need the grip level at 60%. But my grip level only up to 27%

I have tried to ask quite a number of the workshop, actually they dun know how to do it

I have checked the kcar website, unfortunately we...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience