Bersih 2.8/2.0 Twin-Turbo BMW F10 528i M-Sport

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Beautiful sunrise on the morning of 28th April 2012...

A day that will be remembered for Bersih 3.0.

While that Bersih was going on in KL, I had another Bersih to personally attend to.

Bersih 2.8 in old skool BMW terminology or should it now be Bersih 2.0?

2.0 TwinPower Turbo 2.8????

Anyway....

Welcome to my Bersih 2.8/2.0 TT.... (TT for Twin-Turbo and not Teh Tarik).

The owner of this F10 528i M-Sport had contacted me earlier to protect his precious new ride. He just took delivery a week ago and I left very clear instructions NOT to wash the car before our scheduled Bersih 2.0 or issit 2.8???

Anyway, some pics of the ride before:

As with all white colored cars, the black stains from our polluted rain etc. are very obvious as can be seen below the indicator lights here.

I demonstrated to the owner how simple it is to use ONR to wash the car. Here is a 50/50 of ONR.

After washing the car with ONR.

Front and rear license plates removed.

Close-up of the dirt trapped between the 528i badge.

No problem for detailien alien clean...

Some marks on the paint easily removed with alien clean.

Stain removal as easy as....

Gone...

There were also some stains on the inside of the doors. Also removed with alien clean.

The wheels were also cleaned up as the owner requested that they be coated as well.

Before.... very dirty considering that car has only been driven for a week.

After...

Cleaning done... ready to be coated!

While there are some companies that start to apply the coating at this stage, it is imperative that the paint be polished to perfection before the coating is applied as the OptiCoat forms a permanent protective layer on top of the original paint which would permanently lock in any uncorrected paint defects.

Now for challenge of finding paint defects on white...

Look carefully enough and you should still be able to find them.... some slight scratches.

As the car was brand new and the paint was still in good condition, Optimum Hyper Polish was used with the Flex 3401 and the brand-new Optimum Microfiber Polishing Pads.

Priming the MF pad with OHP.

Nicely primed and ready to go...

The MF pad did a decent job of cleaning the paint and correcting minor paint defects but for some deeper scratches the OHP was used with the Makita 9227 with the Optimum Double-Sided Red Foam Pad for more correcting power.

Some minor scratches on the rear lights (you'll have to look very closely to see it).

Corrected.

After the paint correction the entire exterior surface was sprayed with an IPA solution to make sure the surface of the paint is clean and ready for the OptiCoat application.

Awesome shine from properly corrected paint...

Sun shot of the paint.

Now the paint is ready for OptiCoating.

To prevent my hands from becoming hydrophobic...

All done... awesome gloss and shine on white!

Some cloud shots.... :-)

Finally the sun came out...

I must say I really like the look of the 528i M-Sport. Loved the extra wide 275 rear tires!

The OptiCoat should make maintaining this white beast a lot easier.

In case some of you were wondering.... I wasn't wearing yellow while detailing this ride! :-)

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
another awesome detail by master himself
Thanks for sharing

SevenDust

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
This one is terlalu bersih haha. Did you dilute the AlienClean when working on the stains?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hey Seech, nice work as always!

But I'm confused. Is Detailien a product, a brand or just a company name? Optimum is not the same thing?

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
This one is terlalu bersih haha. Did you dilute the AlienClean when working on the stains?
Diluted 1:3. The more stubborn stains used direct...

Hey Seech, nice work as always!

But I'm confused. Is Detailien a product, a brand or just a company name? Optimum is not the same thing?
detailien is our brand. We are the sole distributors of Optimum Polymer Technologies products in Malaysia. alien clean is Optimum Power Clean re-bottled.

zckid

Known Member
Feb 28, 2012
Mauritius
very nice sharing Seech. top notch work as always :top:

Put a warning from inside. "DO NOT LEAN. WET and SLIPPERY"

Superb job. it's dipping wet.

take care
:itsme:

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
very nice sharing Seech. top notch work as always :top:

Put a warning from inside. "DO NOT LEAN. WET and SLIPPERY"

Superb job. it's dipping wet.

take care
:itsme:
Thanks zaid!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

good evening all, i started asking for advice under Car Talk section but i believe it's more appropriate to discuss real car problems in this section. to cut story short, my car started spitting and rumbling few days ago and sent it in, these are the identified problems as of now:

1. broken valve spring
2. broken inlet valve
3. broken inlet valve guide
4. chipped water vents on the cylinder head (requires welding and sanding according to mechanic)
5. dents on piston heads, caused by what...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience