ABT Audi R8 LMS to tear up Bukit Bintang this Sunday

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006
UPDATED with time: ABT Audi R8 LMS to tear up Bukit Bintang this Sunday

The race-ready Audi R8 LMS will be leaving its tyre marks on Malaysian roads following the move by Federal Auto to bring in a unit of the ABT-tuned R8 LMS for a demonstration run at Bukit Bintang by former Formula One driver Alex Yoong this Sunday, 3 April.

On its own, the R8 LMS is a factory-prepped race-ready track scorcher that complies with GT3 regulations and is readily available to professional race teams to use. The car is powered by the 5.2-liter FSI V10 nuclear power plant of an engine that pushes out 500hp. Due to GT3 regulations prohibiting the use of four-wheel drive, Audi was forced to drop its legendary Quattro four-wheel drive system from the R8 LMS and instead employ just rear-wheel drive. All that power is sent to the rear wheels via a six-speed sequential gearbox.

The version that Alex will be running on the streets of Bukit Bintang this Sunday however will be the ABT-tuned version of the R8 LMS that weighs in 10kg less and packs over a 100 horses more. Power has been bumped up to 620hp courtesy of some ABT tuning, enabling it to perform the century sprint in 3.2-seconds and achieve the double century in a mere 9.9-seconds. Top speed stands at a terrifying 325km/h.

Audi itself hasn’t entered a factory team in any race with the car but has instead opted to back a number of privateer teams running the R8 LMS in racing series’ around the world. ABT Sportsline was one of the teams that entered an R8 LMS in the 2009 24 Hours of Nurburgring. Closer to home though, the Audi-backed Team Joest had run an R8 LMS at the 2010 Merdeka Millennium Endurance race and managed a podium spot on their debut. Nonetheless, this is the first time that an R8 LMS will be gracing the asphalt of regular roads, albeit ones that are closed off for the demo run.

We have received the time for the event this Sunday. The organisers have scheduled the run for approximately 2.30pm along Jalan Bukit Bintang this Sunday, 3 April. Bear in mind that Jalan Bukit Bintang will be closed off for this event so try to find alternative routes for getting to the venue.

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
from this angle...the GT wing looks massive!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Can't wait for it :smile:

nuno

Known Member
Jul 28, 2004
i spotted this car at shell bukit bintang this morning

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Interesting; I might make it a point to go...

rageaccel2

Known Member
Dec 22, 2010
Shah Alam
wooo... this weekend is so full of motoring activities... tomorrow (saturday), at putrajaya, team lotus will have their F1 demo infront the judiciary palace (istana kehakiman)-near the putrajaya square.. piloted by jarno and heikki. also will be there is an array of the MSS race cars. can't wait

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
sure la lots of stuff going on... F1 next weekend... biasa la... hehe

i will go both of course... like!

reinforcism

Aug 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
lol..if im not mistaken this car are the one which make a few lap at SIC even though there is f1 stuff on the side of the track and f1 track are close for the moment.. btw really wonderful sound from the exhaust...nice to hear it..and it look awesome in real life..

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
I wan go too.....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
which one to go????

bukit bintang audi R8??

putrajaya Team Lotus F1??

JayBee APRC rally 1st round????

pening wooooo :hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi to all sifu. im damn damn confuse of changing my 4G15P engine into bigger n power engine. 1st of all i like 4G63T but JPJ never allow to put that into wira 1.5. so i decide to put GSR 1.8 but some frend said GSR not enough power. im damn confuse.

although i got lubang in JPJ to put 4G63T engine, but my chassis will not bear the monster power. wat should i do to make my chassis stronger n tougher. wat is spot welding, chassis reinforced n etc. How much does it cost actually?? wher...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience