Absorber problemz...!!!! HELPz needed..!!!

Calz83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Ipoh/KL
Yo Guyz aka SIFU-SIFU......!!!!!

Lately i've change my short stroke abs to adjustable abs....!!!! Current problem after installation is when i turn my steering to right or left also got some weird soundz...!!!

Front Abs....!!!!
E.g - When i start going out from any side parking my abs start coming out some soundz but the sound only go off when the car is moving normally....!!!!
In-short - When my car is not moving i try to turn left n right - the noisy sounds will clearly heard....!!!! What happen mann..??? :hmmmm2:

Rear Abs....!!!!
The stupid soundz from my rear abs is f**king annoying... It won't go off no matter how...!!!
It just like someone using a hammer knocking the back of my car....!!! (Scary) mann...!!!!

Current setup...!!!!
I've change the front absorber mounting to a brand new one but yet the soundz still coming out (this time is silent a bit)....!!!!

P/S: I've check the whole set abs n been acknowledge by the mec saying that the abs n spring r doing very fine....!!! No leaking n yet is still in damn good condition...!!!! The funny part is - if the abs r spoil at least i can change it but now i can't do anything also....!!!! :cry_smile:

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
hi bro the sounds could be from elsewhere for the front.....driving shaft,ball joints,suspension arm,tie rod or even power steering pump

for the rear mayb the abs is not mounted properly...........mayb go for second opinion fr a diff mechanic

Calz83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Ipoh/KL
simon said:
hi bro the sounds could be from elsewhere for the front.....driving shaft,ball joints,suspension arm,tie rod or even power steering pump

for the rear mayb the abs is not mounted properly...........mayb go for second opinion fr a diff mechanic
Thanks for ur opinion mann..!!!!

The front part is nothing to do with anything u listed out cos is all in a good condition b4 I upgrade to adjustable abs....!!! Is confirm the noise came out from the abs area....!!!!

For rear abs should be rite with what u r saying....!!! Need to double check with diff mec...!!!!

Thankz dude...!!! Have a nice day...!!!!

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
Calz83 - i'm not sure what is wrong but can u answer these ?
1) If braking, got sound or not ?
2) Can you describe the noisy sound from the front suspension ?
3) Your car got LOWER front strut bar or not ?

4) The hammer sound is going through bump only got or straight road also got ?
5) Is the rim knocking on the suspension coil ? (verify by removing tyre)

Calz83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Ipoh/KL
TiBuN said:

Yo bro...

1. Braking no sound worr...!!!!

2. Is the spring soundz....!!!! When moving the steering wheelz to left or right the spring soundz from front abs will clearly heard....!!!!

3. Yes. My car do have the lower front strut bar.

4. The hammer sound appear no matter how even at the straight road....!!! (It just like the rear abs r touching my car body...!!!!

5. The rimz didn't show any sign on knocking at the suspension coil worr...!!!

Sorry bro... Serious speaking i'm having a hard timez now....!!!! Dunno been checking for how many timez oledi mann...!!!! There is no evidence or whatsoever shit i can find out la.... Feels like throwing away the whole set of adjustable abs but............ Anyway thanks for ur help man..!!!!

razaksa

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
as
Calz83 said:
Yo Guyz aka SIFU-SIFU......!!!!!

Lately i've change my short stroke abs to adjustable abs....!!!! Current problem after installation is when i turn my steering to right or left also got some weird soundz...!!!

Front Abs....!!!!
E.g - When i start going out from any side parking my abs start coming out some soundz but the sound only go off when the car is moving normally....!!!!
In-short - When my car is not moving i try to turn left n right - the noisy sounds will clearly heard....!!!! What happen mann..??? :hmmmm2:

Rear Abs....!!!!
The stupid soundz from my rear abs is f**king annoying... It won't go off no matter how...!!!
It just like someone using a hammer knocking the back of my car....!!! (Scary) mann...!!!!

Current setup...!!!!
I've change the front absorber mounting to a brand new one but yet the soundz still coming out (this time is silent a bit)....!!!!

P/S: I've check the whole set abs n been acknowledge by the mec saying that the abs n spring r doing very fine....!!! No leaking n yet is still in damn good condition...!!!! The funny part is - if the abs r spoil at least i can change it but now i can't do anything also....!!!! :cry_smile:
Bro

I suggest you take your suspensions to Top Perfect, Sungei Buloh..They are experts in servicing foreign branded absorbers Gab, Tein, HKS etc...and manufacturers of HWL adjustable suspensions..

They can fully re-cond your suspensions and tune it up to your own liking...

Calz83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Ipoh/KL
razaksa said:
Bro

I suggest you take your suspensions to Top Perfect, Sungei Buloh..They are experts in servicing foreign branded absorbers Gab, Tein, HKS etc...and manufacturers of HWL adjustable suspensions..

They can fully re-cond your suspensions and tune it up to your own liking...
Yo Bro Razaksa,

Where is the actual location...???? Staying at Setapak so from my place using which road r the best way to go....??? Heard bout that shop b4 but never been there la...!!!

ANyway thanks for ur help bro...!!!!

razaksa

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
as
Calz83 said:
Yo Bro Razaksa,

Where is the actual location...???? Staying at Setapak so from my place using which road r the best way to go....??? Heard bout that shop b4 but never been there la...!!!

bro

I dont have the numberr off hand...but if you check hypertune mag, they have a whole page advert on HWL suspensions with the contact details etc...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Calz83 said:
Yo Bro Razaksa,

bro, i'm driving a 206 with the same problem as u mention. For the front part the sound only happen when u turn ur steering at stationary rite ? when ur car is running and u turn no sound rite ? Its due to the upper rubber cover sound because adjustable is much harder than ori wan rite ? so the spring is pressing against the cover making it unable to turn so got the sound only nothing wrong wan. I have live with that sound already.

about the rear one i'm not sure but my rear also using adjustable sometimes got the knocking sound also. it sound like something loose rite ? even when travelling at flat surface. I did't bother about it.

putra4767

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
abs

TiBuN said:

Guys, i recently installed apm adj. abs for my putra...Previously using coilspring & sports abs..
After fitting the adj. abs, when my car going on humps, there is a metal knocking noise..This
comes only when in go over humps..When i was using my coilspring & abs there was no noise
of this kind...

When i apply my brakes while going on humps, i can feel the metal knocking noice from
my brake pedal....

Kindly help on this prob...Adjustables has brought lots of new sounds to my car...

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
first things first, the adjustables are normally harder than stock or sports abs and springs. so the sounds are pretty normal if you are using hard springs. sounds coming when stationary is because the springs and the metal plates moves and grinds each other when they are turned left and right, so stationary time can hear it damn obvious. then leh the rear leh, i dunno bout the sound la, most prob should be the chasis moving/flexing due to the harder suspensions plus if its kinda often, maybe you can check the mouting part there, see got any loose screws anot, then check the body lorrr..most prob the knocking sound might be from the harder springs laa..body flex maa... =)

just my two cents niaa...im not an expert here tho =)

Calz83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Ipoh/KL
huakenny said:
calvin...y dun ask me???

i use adjustable oso...

noisy? take wd40 n spray it...sure silent.....

adjustable is like tat one la....u hv to use to it...
Brozzz Kenny,

Where have u been...??? Been asking around for ur HP num...!!!! Need ur help mann...!!!! :cry_smile:
Been putting some oil at the absorber mounting lol... The soundz is reduce but still got a bit when i turn the steering wheel while my car is in stagnant position...!!!!:hmmmm2:

But rear prob r not solve laaa - Duiz lohhhh... DUnno which "GHOST" is following me lehhh... Soundz knocking 24/7 larrr...!!!! Helpzzzzz....!!!!:confused:

Last edited:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Calz83 said:
Brozzz Kenny,

Where have u been...??? Been asking around for ur HP num...!!!! Need ur help mann...!!!!
Been putting some oil at the absorber mounting lol... The soundz is reduce but still got a bit when i turn the steering wheel while my car is de stagnant position...!!!!

But rear prob r not solve laaa - Duiz lohhhh... DUnno which "GHOST" is following me lehhh... Soundz knocking 24/7 larrr...!!!! Helpzzzzz....!!!!
lolz.....add me in msn mesenger lo...

i use wd40 spray front top to middle of absorber...wa..totaly no sound now...

ekeke

Calz83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Ipoh/KL
huakenny said:
lolz.....add me in msn mesenger lo...

i use wd40 spray front top to middle of absorber...wa..totaly no sound now...

ekeke
But one of the mec put some "oil" for me oledi but dunno why the soundz still come out two dayz later...!!!!

WD40 better than Oil...?????? As u said spray from top to middle abs - have to take it out the whole abs n spray or just turn the stupid steering wheel aside n do it...???? Helpz mann..

Besides I can't use msn lehh got firewall at company larr....!!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The gist of it has been known for quite some time now but Honda have now come clean with some juicy details and interesting information regarding the Mugen CR-Z that promises to spice up the hybrid hatch.

The basic approach to the one-off project was to demonstrate that hybrids aren’t mundane means as a solution from getting from A to B, the can be heaps of fun to drive too. Honda wanted the Mugen CR-Z to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience