A night with Malaysian Detailing Guru - Hands on session

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
It is indeed a blessing to have KC come and work on my own car. Besides having my car corrected, valuable lessons are learnt and insightful thoughts were shared as well. Not a lot of pictures were taken due to the fact that we worked on 2 cars; but a number of videos were taken to demonstrate the power of Optimum products.

It is always a pain having to leave my car behind when I need to work out-stationed. Often, 2 weeks is enough to ruin my car. Two weeks ago, before leaving kk, I washed and waxed my car. And 2 weeks later...

Tar spots

Tree sap

The depth of dirt you can feel

Played in the mud

Scratches???

After washing with ONR and clayed, it looked clean and reflects pretty well. BUT...

There is this sticky tough dirt that couldn't be removed with ONR. Upon KC's arrival, we washed the car with OPC.

It is hard to snap defects on a white paint. Thus, difference of before and after photos presented here are not that apparent. The car was given a light correction with Optimum Hyper Compound and Optimum Hyper Polish on Red Polishing pad via rotary; with the aim of removal watermarks and reducing swirls.

That's right. KC advised for no swirl removal but only reduction instead. Why? Not that they are not present, but swirls are less obvious on white paint. Dirt is. Thus, there is no need for a heavy cut that thins out the paint and shorten its lifespan. For every car that I detail, I will advise the owner whether or not it is worth to completely remove the defects. In some cases, it is better to live with it while in others, it is good to remove. Detailing is not just about pursuing perfection, but to care for and extend the life of a car's paint.

Not the blurriness. Also, compare the clarity of the paint between the right side (uncorrected) and left side (corrected)

Note the improvement in sharpness of the reflection, although not that apparent in photo

A view from another lamp. Note that this has more swirls

Less swirls on the corrected side

Also, enjoy some videos of Optimum product :)

Watermark removal by Optimum Hyper Polish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19H6s66oKOc&feature=youtu.be

Optimum No Rinse water wsheeting
ONR Sheeting.wmv - YouTube

Optimum Opti Seal and Optimum Car Wax water sheeting and beading
OOS and OCW Beading and Sheeting.wmv - YouTube

Optimum Opti Seal and Optimum Car Wax sheeting in the rain
OOS OCW Sheeting in rain.wmv - YouTube

Optimum Opti Seal on windscreen
OOS on glass.wmv - YouTube

Thank you for taking time to view a short humble post!

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Can someone teach me how to get the videos to display? I use to be able to do it last time.

Last edited:

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Its not only swirls etc. The reflections are sharper and more define on the corrected side....

rex79gt

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2008
Ngiao City
the video shown is water sheeting

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
the video shown is water sheeting
Whoops! Thank you! I'll fix it.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

lovely night isn;t it
same thoughts here :biggrin:
Veloc,
KC in KK...??
Very lucky la u...
Indeed lucky and a fun night! Pangyau faster come back... I'm bored and looking for tt kaki :biggrin:

Its not only swirls etc. The reflections are sharper and more define on the corrected side....
Yeah it's a shame it's white and I was using a sucky camera. Hope to get one of canon G series in the future.

ss12b

Known Member
Jun 4, 2006
bro veloc u're in kk??im from sdk..if got chance must tt with u
my h/p 013-8812086..keep in touch

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
bro veloc u're in kk??im from sdk..if got chance must tt with u
my h/p 013-8812086..keep in touch
Sure bro... I go to sandakan at least 1 to 2 times a year. Cny confirm go. Maybe I go again in november. I always stay at mile 8 my cousins house if i'm there.

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
Excellent video by Veloc
Thanks for sharing
had a wonderful time of yum char makan roti kahwin & TT

thanks for yr time

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Excellent video by Veloc
Thanks for sharing
had a wonderful time of yum char makan roti kahwin & TT

thanks for yr time
I, should thank you la! :biggrin:

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
It is hard to snap defects on a white paint. Thus, difference of before and after photos presented here are not that apparent. The car was given a light correction with Optimum Hyper Compound and Optimum Hyper Polish on Red Polishing pad via rotary; with the aim of removal watermarks and reducing swirls.

That's right. KC advised for no swirl removal but only reduction instead. Why? Not that they are not present, but swirls are less obvious on white paint. Dirt is. Thus, there is no need for a heavy cut that thins out the paint and shorten its lifespan. For every car that I detail, I will advise the owner whether or not it is worth to completely remove the defects. In some cases, it is better to live with it while in others, it is good to remove. Detailing is not just about pursuing perfection, but to care for and extend the life of a car's paint.
Thanks buddy for elaborating
WATER MARK? what is it?

observe closer

before & after water mark corrected

Detailing is not just about pursuing perfection, but to care for and extend the life of a car's paint.

thanks for your words of wisdom.....Thank you

veloc,

wat u do at nite normally? yamcha and cyber game? if yes nex time i find u...haha

He took me here

gave me this also

everynight
he should be hanging out here if our scientist is not in the jungle

on weekend

Thank you Veloc for your great hospitality & thoughtfulness

:love:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
kc,

the shop very famous for its roti....not bad huh...guess u also tried our kk foods....famous wit all kind of mee...beaufort mee, tuaran mee, sang nyuk mee, ngiu chap mee, chu chap mee...etc...u name it, we got it.. lolz

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi greeting semua...
I m looking for a b.o.t for my campro gen2 manual '05 model. Maybe any workshop around johor. Tolong (pls,pls,pls) comment. Saya tak nak nanti jadi tikus lab lepas tu engine meletup. Saya ngah cari yg setting boleh di pakai harian, pegi balek kerja, dan hujung minggu bleh sedikit2 main track ke...heheheh pls tunjuk ajr kepada newbie. heheheheheh
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience