599's Replacement - The Ferrari F620 GT

d4rk

Known Member
Jul 26, 2010
Johor Bahru

So after all the hype and endless rumors, finally the first batch of images of the new Ferrari F620 GT is beginning to emerge. No masking tape, no swirly vinyls or any type of covering to hide any details of the awaited replacement for the 599. And my first impression of it; I could say that it is quite a looker!

But after staring on it for a few moments, I find the design of this F620 to be a bit odd. Not that it doesn’t look good or sexy, but somehow the design for this new Ferrari is pretty similar to some other cars that are already in the streets. It’s as if Ferrari had taken those designs and fusion-ed them up together to come up with this final design.

I don’t know if it’s just me, but the front end design looks pretty similar to the new green car, the Fisker Karma. Maybe it’s the headlights and those intakes that channel air to the brakes that made it look somehow related?

And having to house a large V12 in the front somehow made the overall body design looking a bit like the Aston Martin One-77, minus the Aston’s massive side air vents. But since this is the first image that came out, maybe it’s too early to say so, but that’s what went through my mind when looking at it.

Anyways, putting aside the references to other cars, this new F620 looks like a much more stunning version of the Ferrari FF. Early reports are saying that this beast will house a 6.3 litre V12 engine linked to a 7-speed dual clutch gearbox. Outputting an estimated of 740 horsepower with all of the power going to the rear, 0-100 is dealt in 3 seconds flat and a 0-200 time in only 8.5 seconds. Top speed is reported to be in the region of 340km/h.

With figures such as this, looks like the Aventador will have a serious competitor breathing on its neck. Ready to have another Horse vs Bull shootout?

New Ferrari GT (F620) caught on camera | Car Advice
Exclusive: This is the 2013 Ferrari F620 GT
The Fisker Karma is a subcompact | Automotor Blog
Aston Martin One-77 Review : Car Review and Wallpaper: Aston Martin One-77 Review

Attachments

Mr.JY

Known Member
May 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
The front design reminds me of Ferrari FF. The recent design of Ferrari is somehow a bit off, namely the FF and F620GT. Prefer the previous Ferrari(s) like F430, 458 Italia and 599GTO.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fpBUrR10oiU" allowfullscreen="" width="335" frameborder="0" height="200"></iframe>

'(00): Pretty intense action video of a 180sx trying to escape from the grasp of 3 Malaysian police patrol units (+ 1 Evo X) with some very convincing fender bending moves...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience