2019 BMW X3 xDrive30i Quick Review

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
6.3 secs – In general, the AWD X3 xDrive30i is refreshingly light and nimble. It drives quite like a raised BMW 3 series, but a lot airier, better sorted and feels even more comfortable than similar gen F30 sedan in just about any driving condition.

252hp / 350nm / 2L 4cyl turbo / 8 speed auto / 240kmh / RM313,800.00

250 + hp from perfected B48 4 cylinder turbo felt justified, makes good power especially on the highway and inclines. The 8 speed ZF auto is yet again faultless and smooth but this flawlessness can sometimes feel plain and unexciting for the performance at hand. Paddle shifters help to improve driving experience significantly.

Although ride can feel a tad boaty at times, the steering is precise and overall commute is crisp like a BMW should, even with its pure mechanical suspension juggling between roles. Now if only the X3 had adaptive suspension, it would’ve been an irresistible proposition.

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
How does it stack up against the X1? The UKL platform frees up a lot of space in the cabin. And would be a meaningful comparison.

FWD vs RWD, legendary 8 speed ZF versus 7 speed DCT.

I’d like to hear Tom’s impressions on the differences in the drive, if any.

And Jesus anything without M Sport just looks naked to me. Luxury trim looks uncle.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
How does it stack up against the X1? The UKL platform frees up a lot of space in the cabin. And would be a meaningful comparison. FWD vs RWD, legendary 8 speed ZF versus 7 speed DCT. I’d like to hear Tom’s impressions on the differences in the drive, if any.

Haven't tried the X1, only the X2 xDrive20i so it's pretty similar. Definitely a lot more agile, more natural to drive, more car like, amazing daily car. Doesn't feel FWD tbh.

DCT miles almost as smooth as 8 auto in general driving, but a lot better in engagement, sportiness and overall transmission enjoyment

And Jesus anything without M Sport just looks naked to me. Luxury trim looks uncle.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
Recently i went to test drive a nissan sentra b13 with sr20ve 20v and 6 speed manual gearbox.
I am quite interested in the car.
Anybody have opinions on the reliability and maintenance?

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience