1JZGTE VVTI Dyno Results with Edamage

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Walao eh dude, what do you mean by Mitevo got money no problem LOL. Well the ECU cost is within my expectation though but i still have to factor in the costs A650e, propeller shaft modifications to fit the gearbox, tuning and ETC, all together will be somewhere 16-17k.

My another option is use 2JZGE that has the 5 speeder gearbox ECU to control the gearbox, think your mech can help advise will this rojak works ?
He says advice is free. Just drop by chit chat and he'll oblige. Btw, he's only fluent in mandarin, canto and malay. Hope your language skills is there. Heheh...

Google Wai N Lin. Puchong Industrial.

Let me know when you go, maybe I can go there have a mini ZTH meetup

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
He says advice is free. Just drop by chit chat and he'll oblige. Btw, he's only fluent in mandarin, canto and malay. Hope your language skills is there. Heheh...

Google Wai N Lin. Puchong Industrial.

Let me know when you go, maybe I can go there have a mini ZTH meetup
Don't worry i am multi lingual, mandarin is my first language. Ok perhaps after this week, bit busy running my own business while still under employment.

Perhaps we setup a date first for majority of us who can attend to feedback, i will go with mine:

1.) Mitevo7 - Ken, 17th Jan - 8 pm (Puchong Old Town White Coffee)

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
My mech loves this kinda rojak jobs Hahaha... he replied almost instantly after I messaged him. He said "Are you sure MaxxECU Pro? That ECU alone is already RM12k"

Gulp... I said Mitevo got money no problem.

Then he said your rojak mashup is no problem and tuning the TCU with the ECU no problem but he needs to see what you have, whats enabled, whats missing etc before he can properly quote. Let me know if you wanna pay him a visit.
Walao Maxx ECU is that expensive!??

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Dude, are you able convey my question of rojak 2JZGE 5 Speed Auto ECU to 1JZGTE VVTI to your friend ?
this rojak mix has been done countless times. No need to ask also I know it'll work. But that 2JZ TCU might need tweaking. Most of the autos that I've seen retain the 1JZ TCU.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
In my case i would need the 2JZGE ECU to act as TCU that solely controls the 5 speed Auto, and i will be retaining 1JZGTE ECU + Greddy Emanage to control the engine, this rojak seems very complicated LOL

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
In my case i would need the 2JZGE ECU to act as TCU that solely controls the 5 speed Auto, and i will be retaining 1JZGTE ECU + Greddy Emanage to control the engine, this rojak seems very complicated LOL
Mech says meet him up at his place and he'll explain everything you need to know. Too much to type and ask like this. But the rojak like you suggested won't work

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Mech says meet him up at his place and he'll explain everything you need to know. Too much to type and ask like this. But the rojak like you suggested won't work
Hi,

Ok then, perhaps i will find one Saturday to go over. I will drop you a message to inform when i am going over so i don't catch your buddy by surprise.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi,

Ok then, perhaps i will find one Saturday to go over. I will drop you a message to inform when i am going over so i don't catch your buddy by surprise.
Mech la... I've been following him for a while so we're cool like that. Anyway yeah let me know in advance. Consultation is free anyway

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Had little issue recently, after the remap, my car's first gear is slipping alittle when go WOT. If i don't go WOT when launching, and only going WOT after shifted to 2nd gear, the transmission will not slip. Any tuning advise to reduce the slippage before recommending me to modify the auto gearbox ?

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Had little issue recently, after the remap, my car's first gear is slipping alittle when go WOT. If i don't go WOT when launching, and only going WOT after shifted to 2nd gear, the transmission will not slip. Any tuning advise to reduce the slippage before recommending me to modify the auto gearbox ?
Which car? The Bimmer JZ?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Considering this is your 1jz, it's pretty much stock right? If it's slipping there's something wrong with your GB if you ask me. Have you checked your oil? Are you using the right oil?

I'd personally try a proper GB flush first and fill with good quality oil and try again.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Considering this is your 1jz, it's pretty much stock right? If it's slipping there's something wrong with your GB if you ask me. Have you checked your oil? Are you using the right oil?

I'd personally try a proper GB flush first and fill with good quality oil and try again.
Oil just changed last 6000 km's ago with fresh filter. Using Addinol ATF cause that's the brand that my buddy mechanic is carrying. It drives OK before remapped, WOT before that won't slip or anything. Probably the ATF is too thin or anything ... might try to use original Toyota ATF meant for A340e and try it again.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Use Satria GTi complete bodypart on Satria standard.

Bumper + Arch + Spoiler + Back bumper.

Legal wise. can or not?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience