Review: Firestorm Ignition Coil Booster

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Lol..... Sad to say bro, the Hot Inazma does nothing.... I have the Type MR installed. Bought it to try for fun. But nothing at all. Waste of money.

Now, my only hope is that it extends battery life.
Ya, I just want it to regulate the voltage smoothly.

Are you kidding? Those vs are over priced and are just glorified vs. even if they work how do you justify the cost of one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Ya, is not cheap. Just hope to get one that does it job, ONly know brands like VS, Hot Inazma and Qmax which Leona Chin is using in her car.

These VS do not work. I am the inazma MR connected to my batt right now. Does nothing. Its just snake oil stuff. Luckily I bought it 2nd hand. Cost me around RM400.
Then what about Qmax, some can cost up to RM1K and claim by many it does improve performance and so. What's your opinion on this? I'm not sure but my mech told me after installed he felt the difference. Is either u choose to have more torque or more top speed. Choose either one.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Top speed is dictated by your gear ratios. Theres nothing you can do about that.

And i have a test vs that i wanna try on someone elses car. Come come

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Nice, a date will be great, won't fry my car right? :rofl: Just kidding :biggrin:

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Like Izso said top speed is dictated by final driver ratio the important key is how fast your car takes to get to that speed. That is the point...faham SF?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Like Izso said top speed is dictated by final driver ratio the important key is how fast your car takes to get to that speed. That is the point...faham SF?
Oh, my bad, I should have said, either low end power or choose high end power range for the Qmax.

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
Ya, I just want it to regulate the voltage smoothly.

Ya, is not cheap. Just hope to get one that does it job, ONly know brands like VS, Hot Inazma and Qmax which Leona Chin is using in her car.

Then what about Qmax, some can cost up to RM1K and claim by many it does improve performance and so. What's your opinion on this? I'm not sure but my mech told me after installed he felt the difference. Is either u choose to have more torque or more top speed. Choose either one.
IMHO, Qmax is not worth the money regardless of what it does. I have never tried Qmax before but the instant you said it cost RM1K, I would say forget it. Its a waste of money.

IF you want power, why don't you go thru proven methods?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
IMHO, Qmax is not worth the money regardless of what it does. I have never tried Qmax before but the instant you said it cost RM1K, I would say forget it. Its a waste of money.

IF you want power, why don't you go thru proven methods?
Rm1k+ can already get a decent piggy back which can remap to get real power improvement and maybe even better FC at the same time too.

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
Rm1k+ can already get a decent piggy back which can remap to get real power improvement and maybe even better FC at the same time too.
Agreed. Tuning will get you better FC and more power than any VS or whatever booster stuff out there. Its proven and it works.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Stock tuning would usually gives the best FC. Tuning can increase power for sure, but with FC at cost most of the case.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Stock tuning would usually gives the best FC. Tuning can increase power for sure, but with FC at cost most of the case.
Oh hell no. Stock tuning is designed to run a little richer than normal to keep the engine from blowing up cuz of too lean. Stock is usually the safest tuning - not the best FC

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Oh hell no. Stock tuning is designed to run a little richer than normal to keep the engine from blowing up cuz of too lean. Stock is usually the safest tuning - not the best FC
Yeap, stock tuning most of the time is set with some safety margin in mind to accommodate the most driving environment with the most variety of driving habit, not necessarily the best in terms of power & FC. For example, Toyota Mark X actually will make slightly more power when tuned to a bit leaner mixture, hence at the same time also giving better FC (that is if you drive it the same way and not get carried away with the additional power though).

k0pi

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Kota Bharu
I've tried QMax before on the note I thought my car's FC is bad... RM300-ish last year to my potato 92p. Drove from KB to JB to Sing to JB to KB, before QMax, my SAFC2 shows my electrical system voltage is 14.2V, and my car FC is 14km/L... after QMax... more than 2000km traveled, nothing change. Seriously, not even the torq has some noticeable feel of 'powah!' to my butt.

On day 11th after installing Q-Max... went to the retailer where I bought it, returned it and exchanged (+ RM topup) for EBC brakepads...

I just improved my FC to almost 16km/l after swapping my open pod K&N + alloy air ram to the stock airbox + rubber ram (which also made my engine works at noticeable... cooler temp).

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I guess is more of an aftermarket gimmick after all, they can openly claim on their box, improve FC, Improve Torque, Improve HP.
ON second thought, I agree that Piggyback ecu is better since the price is RM1K+ as well.

Just get a normal VS that is good enough to stabilize the voltage (That's the purpose of VS anyway).

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Some action shots from todays qualifying session of the Malaysian round of the 2010 Japan Super GT race series. Being the only round to take place out of Japan, the race also has to deal with the relentless heat that the Sepang International Circuit is known for, and today was no different...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience