Proton 4G13/4G15....Satria/Wira/Saga

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
my ex satria 1.3/1.5 twin dcoe with cams can follow putra modded maa ok wat this engine... why the hoohaa?? :hmmmm:

and also been thru tremendous trashing in SIC and GRA :stupid:

Last edited:

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
means stock svdo ecu manage to cope with the extra 100cc increase in displacement??... den why mechanics all around say mmc good while svdo no good??.... mmc needs further tuning while svdo jz adapt itself to the new setting....:hmmmm:
yes.. the ECU will adjust the duty cycle accordingly to get the proper a/f ratio.

mechanics do not know the power of SVDO... and most of them do not know how to deal with it... cos everything seems cannot tune... so that's y they say no good.. in fact SVDO ecu is a very powerful ECU... it can take or compensate a many small engine defects and tune the engine to run on the best stock settings.. unless the parameters are off the limits.. then u will see the check engine light..

like my car MMC, the moment i started the engine after the rebuild.. the mapping are all not right... i'm getting black smoke at the exhaust and no power at all... need to perform PDT tuning in order to get the engine running smoothly... on SVDO.. the engine just start smoothly without any electronic tuning at all... i was quite amazed that time when i started the car...

so it is up to u to judge which is better.... well for me.. i think both have their strengths and weaknesses... MMC have the flexibility to do more tuning capabilites like the ignition timing and able to fit in a piggyback for further tuning.

chris_ch3w

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
i have come across many ppl saying "Why spend so much?? Why not just plonk in a MIVEC or a 1.8 engine?"

OK... right.. you are spending more or less the same amount of money at that particular moment for the engine transplant job. You have not do any rebuild or recond job to the engine yet. Maybe just change the timing belt n some wear n tear parts. And you get more power ratio to the money spent.

well, here's what i observed or noticed over the years... most ppl that decide on engine transplant dont usually keep their car long. WHich end up selling it off for another car with stock settings. THe reasons are mainly :

1. Difficult to find spareparts (mostly can get halfcut only)
2. New parts are much more expensive
3. Problems keep coming in if u do not know how to maintain it. Cos it is not stock spec anymore.
4. After a while you feel that your engine bay looks like a halfcut shop with all the parts bolted here n there, wires flying around.
5. Once your car break down, it will usually end up in the workshop for a few days. Making u walk to work if u do not have a spare transportation.
6. You might need to modify parts in order to fit into your car, and for that u might have reliability issues.
7. Getting the engine into your car is just the beginning, u will have to take care of abang J, then your suspension n brakes also need to upgrade. Which will result in higher cost.
8. etc etc etc... ppl who experienced it know it best.

On the other hand, by rebuidling the stock engine to a better spec u will get better reliability id done the correct way. Here are some points to highlight:

1. You do not have to worry about JPJ. EVerything looks the same on the engine bay.
2. You get better power delivery, hence better FC and reliability.
3. Everything is done one shot, so u do not need to worry on parts breaking down cos the engine is like new after the rebuild.
4. You are still paying the same cheap price for parts like gaskets, oil seals, o-rings, etc etc. Maybe u'll need better spec parts for your engine, but still cheap.
5. You have the advantage of a light engine producing higher power, which is good for pickup and handling.
6. Brakes and suspension upgrade can come in later as u do not need to do any inspection.
7. The best thing is, after u have tapau a 1.6 or 1.8 or 2.0.. u can show your 1.5 engine bay to ppl :proud: Hahahaha!!

Just to share my thoughts and views on engine modification. :driver:

i TOTALLY agree with this statement and dats the no 1 reason y i dunwan change engine even the amount spent can buy gsr or evo3 or what.. hehe :thefinger::thefinger:

Bump:
my ex satria 1.3/1.5 twin dcoe with cams can follow putra modded maa ok wat this engine... why the hoohaa?? :hmmmm:

and also been thru tremendous trashing in SIC and GRA :stupid:
not hoohaa uncle...some ppl want 7 fast n 7 cheap maintenance engine, well u kno u cant have the best of both worlds..rite?hehehe :adore:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yes.. the ECU will adjust the duty cycle accordingly to get the proper a/f ratio.

mechanics do not know the power of SVDO... and most of them do not know how to deal with it... cos everything seems cannot tune... so that's y they say no good.. in fact SVDO ecu is a very powerful ECU... it can take or compensate a many small engine defects and tune the engine to run on the best stock settings.. unless the parameters are off the limits.. then u will see the check engine light..

like my car MMC, the moment i started the engine after the rebuild.. the mapping are all not right... i'm getting black smoke at the exhaust and no power at all... need to perform PDT tuning in order to get the engine running smoothly... on SVDO.. the engine just start smoothly without any electronic tuning at all... i was quite amazed that time when i started the car...

so it is up to u to judge which is better.... well for me.. i think both have their strengths and weaknesses... MMC have the flexibility to do more tuning capabilites like the ignition timing and able to fit in a piggyback for further tuning.
oh ya... whats the difference between OBDI and OBDII??...svdo is OBDII??... what does OBD stands for??...

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
that one is the socket type to do diagnostics on the ECU settings and read the engine management parameters... i'm not really familiar with the OBD... OBD I n OBD II is differentiated by the number of functions and parts which is a standard set by the ppl who create OBD... try google or wikipedia.. u will get to know in details.

Bump: that one is the socket type to do diagnostics on the ECU settings and read the engine management parameters... i'm not really familiar with the OBD... OBD I n OBD II is differentiated by the number of functions and parts which is a standard set by the ppl who create OBD... try google or wikipedia.. u will get to know in details.

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
i TOTALLY agree with this statement and dats the no 1 reason y i dunwan change engine even the amount spent can buy gsr or evo3 or what.. hehe :thefinger::thefinger:
Thats why I didn't bother to go MIVEC as well, just do up my 4G92P SOHC :)
Satisfied with what I've done with it, still left some other stuffs to do some more to finalize it

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
My is 2k satria i think like urs and my mech said mine is MMC.

thanks all the sifu info, sound like is about time to get 5k or 6k >.<

but is seems to can get 4g91 engine haha >.< if one shot bring all money out sure mind will go to get a engine.. >.<

Exedy racing cluth no good ahh??? i think for 1.5 CC also.
[skywalker will follow ur words wait my clutch finish 1st, but still long way to go i think no more den 1 years yet and i feel the clutch are fine]

well i feel wanna go for port and polish but dunno where to go and dunno how much??

by the way i saw one forum they said about this mod.

Toyota KE30 ENGINE LINER 75mm X 4
4g15 PISTON RING (STD) size 75.5mm 1set
4g15 PISTON 1set

然后将你的车4g13 BLOCK 那去车床店
叫那人将toyota ke30 liner装进 4g13的BLOCK 里
然后再叫他磨那个liner直到4g15 的piston 的size .

like above mod can really no need to think about stucker kit or still?

and where can get best tuner, cuz my emanage that i bring to tune, and they run dyno on 4th gears. and tune... is it correct? and i ask the mech and the mech told me, they tune by 3rd gear but dyno 4th gear. is it correct?
exedy 3 puck for 4g13/15 is good, really bites, while still makes for a liveable, quite easy to press clutch pedal

i think if the original clutch does not really slip during hard gear changes, u can still save money by using back the oem clutch

the mentioned mods u got from the forum still mentions using back 4g15 pistons...no matter what, ull only be able to go up to 1468cc

up to u, whether u wanna go up to 1600cc with the stroker kit, or bore ur block and stuff the 4g15 pistons inside

1600 stroker kit pros:
1. lots more torque from low to mid
2. u get a broader, more useable powerband
3. daily driveability improves hehe

cons:
1. more expensive, hehe
2. longer stroke = slitely less high rpm revvability
3. needs 4g15 block

from 1300cc to 1500cc with 4g15 pistons pros:
1. u get more power throughout the powerband, but torque kick is not as strong
2. retain high rpm revvability
3. bigger cc, easier to get car moving, so yeah, improved driveability too
4. relatively cheaper than getting the stroker kit

cons:
1. not 1600 cc hoho
2. dunno how this will affect a 4g13 block durability

in the end it is up to u

Last edited:

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
Tofu thank for reply.

By u mention this two mod 2nd option will more cheaper right?
But will harm the 4g13p block?

But 1st option will not ??

Who here have done the 2nd option mod?

By the way where kl tune emanage are cheap n good? Thinking to re tune again since I felt the mech tune my emnange in wrong way.

N also port an polish?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
i just edited my post, as ive sed earlier in this thread i think, the stroker kit can only be stuffed into a 4g15 block, not 4g13

2nd option cheaper yes as u dont have to get a 4g15 block and a 4g18 crank

Y do u feel that ur emanage is not tuned properly?

proper port and polish, if u have the funds to do it one go, even better

better leave pnp for the pros to do

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
sound like i hav only 1 way to do on my 4g13 block is change piston shit :p

well i remember 1st time i tune my cam pulley on dyno machine and they using 3rd gear to run on dyno machine

but den when i do emanage (on other shop recommended by my friend) and they tune my emanage and run on 4th gear on dyno machine.

so i wonder is it correct? 10 people 8 people said is on 3rd gear.

so that why i said and believe that they tune not correct way?

there have any thread can find 1.5 piston 2nd hand :>

Bump: sound like i hav only 1 way to do on my 4g13 block is change piston shit :p

well i remember 1st time i tune my cam pulley on dyno machine and they using 3rd gear to run on dyno machine

but den when i do emanage (on other shop recommended by my friend) and they tune my emanage and run on 4th gear on dyno machine.

so i wonder is it correct? 10 people 8 people said is on 3rd gear.

so that why i said and believe that they tune not correct way?

there have any thread can find 1.5 piston 2nd hand :>

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
that one is the socket type to do diagnostics on the ECU settings and read the engine management parameters... i'm not really familiar with the OBD... OBD I n OBD II is differentiated by the number of functions and parts which is a standard set by the ppl who create OBD... try google or wikipedia.. u will get to know in details.
oh... alrite... will google it up when i'm free... thanks..

HaxDuum

Known Member
Nov 4, 2007
Wat is the max whp with 6k+++ cost performance?
which engine more portential? carb or injection?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My housemate myvi WPF 4965, original state, was stolen at subang jaya housing area just now during a house break in. Whoever spotted this car kindly inform me at 016-2020173 (JD).
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience