Nissan Sentra door open light constantly visible after alarm change!...pls advice?

goldwave84

Known Member
Oct 1, 2005
Liked: 4 / 4 Posts

Default Argh! Nissan Sentra door open light constantly visible...pls advice?

Hi all
I drive a Nissan Sentra 06 and just changed my car alarm as it died. Did an aftermarket replacement. Now I notice that the door open light is constantly on but very dim. Is the wiring of the alarm system connected to this light?

I have added the pictures I took. The brighter one is when a door is open and the dim light is when there are no doors open. Can someone please explain to me why this is happening?

Ash

Attachments

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
Re: Nissan Sentra door open light constantly visible after alarm change!...pls advice

Liked: 4 / 4 Posts

Default Argh! Nissan Sentra door open light constantly visible...pls advice?

Hi all
I drive a Nissan Sentra 06 and just changed my car alarm as it died. Did an aftermarket replacement. Now I notice that the door open light is constantly on but very dim. Is the wiring of the alarm system connected to this light?

I have added the pictures I took. The brighter one is when a door is open and the dim light is when there are no doors open. Can someone please explain to me why this is happening?

Ash
What did u mean by your alarm died? How it 'died'?

Had the same problem when i installed after market alarm to my Sentra, the door open light lit up but very faint. After rounds & rounds of troubleshooting, finally they have to re-plug the original alarm module back & tape the original key (with chip) to the original alarm & it solved that problem.

What alarm are you using now?

goldwave84

Known Member
Oct 1, 2005
Re: Nissan Sentra door open light constantly visible after alarm change!...pls advice

Here is what happened
. I as washing my car one evening and all is well. The next day the alarm and the red blinker light on the dashboard is dead. No alarm working either. I take it to a shop and they test and show that's it not a fuse issue and the alarm box that is under the steering wheel is malfunctioning. Basically it has stopped working. So they change it to an aftermarket part. Sounds like you had the same problem. So does this mean that I have to use only original Nissan products? Can I maintain the aftermarket part and solve this problem? Don't want to tamper with my car. Please advice how I can solve this. Tq.

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009

Here is what happened
. I as washing my car one evening and all is well. The next day the alarm and the red blinker light on the dashboard is dead. No alarm working either. I take it to a shop and they test and show that's it not a fuse issue and the alarm box that is under the steering wheel is malfunctioning. Basically it has stopped working. So they change it to an aftermarket part. Sounds like you had the same problem. So does this mean that I have to use only original Nissan products? Can I maintain the aftermarket part and solve this problem? Don't want to tamper with my car. Please advice how I can solve this. Tq.
In my case my ori alarm is still working when I changed to aftermarket alarm system. They solved it by re-installing the original alarm & had the chip from the original alarm remote taped to the module.

Since your original alarm is dead, not too sure how to go about it other than asking a reliable wireman for opinion. Alternatively call up Nissan SC for advice. Bring along your ori alarm module & the remote to a reliable workshop / wireman to check. Some times accs shop in order to earn more will simply tell you it's spoilt & need to change new.

In my case, when I changed my alarm things went haywire. The 1st set that they installed malfunctioned. Changed a new set & reinstalled the ori but 3 days later my central locking system died.

Last edited:

goldwave84

Known Member
Oct 1, 2005

Ok thank you. Good thing is I saved everything from the shop, alarm and receipts. Gotta be careful with these shops la. Seriously.

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009

Ok thank you. Good thing is I saved everything from the shop, alarm and receipts. Gotta be careful with these shops la. Seriously.
Yup. Not much of reliable shops left nowadays so have to be really really careful. Probably you can try visiting ExCool in Sunway. So far they are very very reliable & reasonable. Look for Loo the boss.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all sifu and member,

i have vios 2011 model that is with ori exhausr stock, now i plan to modified the exhaust with low noise and pickup and end energier more better for fc, so what is agak agak price and ok lah the material piping as my budjet not more that rm800, plan change ori stock i think is 4-2-1 one
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience