New Honda City 2009 -performance mod

scottyap

Dec 9, 2007
I need help on modding my new car here which is the 2009 Honda City 1.5lS

Pls do recommend me some performance part that can boost my 1.5lS Honda City 2009.....

Btw any club for this 2009 Honda City

thanks.....

scottyap

alexklg

4,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
www.zerotohundred.com
Yes, there is a honda city club called team city or something like that... Google it.

As for performance upgrades, do the basics first. Good intake and exhaust system can ease your engine's breathing and thus, slightly better performance (ard 5-10hp increase, varies from different cars). Can't go wrong by doing the basics first. :)

scottyap

Dec 9, 2007
thanks alex .... but teamcity is for honda city year 04-08 if i not mistaken.... is there any club dats for honda city 09 ???

after basics upgrade...further more upgrades are ????

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
waa...new car oredi wanna mod ah? Honda warranty ok wat...why wanna void it

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
The basic Power mods for every car does not differ:

I - H - E

Intake , Header then Exhaust

Mild mods for I H E:
Intake : Air filter upgrade - better flow filter
Header : Cat-converter removal
Exhaust : a more free flowing exhaust

Alternatives are:
Suspension
Piggy-back ECU
strut bars ,
etc.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
If warranty is a concern, suggeat go to handling set up.
Such:
1. Light weight rim
2. performance tyre
3. Suspension
4. All bars ( fender bar, antiroll bar etc )
5. Brake pad.

clanbuster

Known Member
Jul 2, 2009
what is warranty? if you car can move, no mater how many complain there give alot excuse, I bought my car and found my car door cannot close fully, end up many call and trip and the end, go other workshop to slove. Give $$$$$$$.

never mind, my engine vibration high, there said is like that, end up give my friend ( workshop) to check, change exhaust v/v due to chip off. My friend said cannot go back to ask for claim because he not authorise workshop and may void warrenty due to used other workshop to attend the trouble-shoot. SO how, paid myself lo, luckly friend friend price.

what is warrenty? wait for yr car cannot move, maybe can claim.

Bump:
I need help on modding my new car here which is the 2009 Honda City 1.5lS

Pls do recommend me some performance part that can boost my 1.5lS Honda City 2009.....

Btw any club for this 2009 Honda City

thanks.....

scottyap
new 2009 using auto gearbox right? not CVT ...

i wonder my car can change to normal auto gearbox.

Last edited:

scottyap

Dec 9, 2007
yea using auto gear box.......lets start with exhaust...... should i do the whole piping system or stick to the same extractor but diff mid n muffler.....???? what type of air filter is the one dat suits my car performance ..... i was a blm driver from blm club...... my modding 30% of it ...was a mistake.....exterior was good but performance was way to shitty....learn from my mistake but still got alot to learn here for my new car ......thanks

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
what is warranty? if you car can move, no mater how many complain there give alot excuse, I bought my car and found my car door cannot close fully, end up many call and trip and the end, go other workshop to slove. Give $$$$$$$.

never mind, my engine vibration high, there said is like that, end up give my friend ( workshop) to check, change exhaust v/v due to chip off. My friend said cannot go back to ask for claim because he not authorise workshop and may void warrenty due to used other workshop to attend the trouble-shoot. SO how, paid myself lo, luckly friend friend price.

what is warrenty? wait for yr car cannot move, maybe can claim.

Bump:

new 2009 using auto gearbox right? not CVT ...

i wonder my car can change to normal auto gearbox.
what ur tryin to say was Honda service centre at urs sucks? or Honda products suck?
not being able to use ur brand new car warranty is a waste..coz u paid for that..

Last edited:

alexklg

4,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
www.zerotohundred.com
My friend's city also got quite a number of problems when he got his car and ALL of them got solved by the service center in JB without paying a single cent.

clanbuster, tough luck.

scottyap, maybe try to go for drop-in air filter instead of open pod for the intake side. As for your extractors and exhaust system, i'm not sure whether the extractor for the new model and old is the same or not, so i not sure whether you have the option to change it or not. If there is, IMHO, 4-1 would be good for starters and change to a aftermarket S-flow muffler would be a good option as well.

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
yealo,...i make any complain 2 honda they also kau tim 4 me...i once complain my door rubber seal this n tat so i tot they can put lube o adjust it...my god,they chg the whole thing for me n just ask me 2 sign for the claim form...my car battery also...claim...so where is the service center u went????

can get from chop shop those honda fit wit manual gearbox..

scottyap

Dec 9, 2007
oped pod air filter is only for manual or auto is ok as well..... cos my current blm using drop in...n my club members say if i were to convert my drop in to open pod.....the car will not pick up much at the beginning but later after 90 or 100....the car will start to run faster than the normal car..... as for me a new hondy city user.....any suggestion bout crank pulley or cam pulley.....struts bars or other bars....any other recommendation for better performance ...... thanks

btw is there any club for this new honda city 09....thanks....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

this morning my fren found that his car is gone when he going to work.....he suspect car get stolen by midnight.....his car is wira special edition black colour..wif engine 1.8 twin cam..16 sport rim..others all standard...location car stolen is sg.buloh new village...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience