First Impressions: 2022 FE Honda Civic RS

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

Drive

The 20nm increase in torque feels obvious, quite impressive, with strong acceleration especially from idle onwards, despite being the same 1.5L turbo, but further updated

Also updated in the FE gen Civic is the CVT box. It is a touch more responsive now, every so slightly less elastic under load admittedly, but is reminiscent of the FC's somewhat audibly whiney transmission at full throttle.

Paddle shifters seem quicker to respond to the touch, more seamless for sure and was quite rewarding to use this time around, where it is noticeably sportier on the highway or hill roads when initiated.

The Balik Pulau touge route brings out the evolved Civic's ability, its agility. Where the mix of narrow bends and very tight hairpins test the bigger footprint of this new FE , which its super rigid, dead silent chassis surprisingly excels in.

There's no denying that this new chassis is the highlight of the FE. It feels obviously more capable than the already great predecessor FC.

It's like the Civic has grown from boy to man. Still the same guy, but noticeably stronger, more athletic and refined all round.

Also gratifying is its new steering wheel whilst at the hill drive. It is a joy to grasp for one, has good weight, communicative despite being an average sedan and that there's a sense of precision as the front axle just seem to track the corners in perfect sync.

Cockpit

New FE interior is an upgrade from last gen FC especially in this RS trim. Featuring a more premium ID, surrounded by its all black theme, which completely cover the headliner and pillars, then topped with metalized accents

Honeycomb aircon grille strip is a nice touch, made better by multi directional joystick vane adjusters. Definitely a conversation starter.

Tri knurled faux metal aircon knobs adds a dash of perceived premium. Feels good to the touch and to operate.

The now higher res 9" central touch screen display is a lot more capable, accessible, usable, current, responsive and a long needed upgrade from the murky, starry night version of predecessor FC's

Upper half of the upholstery are mostly soft touch faux leather, with the bottom half being less soft textured plastic.

Sense of increase in space is clear in this one, made possible by the bigger shell.

New steering feels larger somewhat, which matches the improved poise of the Civic superbly, remain tilt and reach adjustable, with good range.

Exterior

Definitely has good overall stance, with the large fender arches, flat and wide appearance, despite divided opinion on its beauty. It goes especially well with the matte black 18" wheels, that are almost flushed in fitment.

The new front at this point is admittedly mundane at first sight when compared to its more prominent rear end. Especially with it coming from the distinctly boyish FC gen civic.

However, the bold bittersweet move does seem to scream next gen with continued exposure

Just in case you didn't know, the RS badge in this RS variant Civic is short for Road Sailing and not Really Sporty, or the likes of it.

New Civic FE vs predecessor Civic FC:
4,678mm long (+30mm) 1,802mm wide (+3mm) 1,415mm tall (-1mm) and a wheelbase of 2,733mm (+33mm)

2022 Honda Civic RS:

Civic RS:

182ps / 240nm / 1.5L VTEC Turbo 4cyl / 7 speed CVT / RM144,350

- Darkened LED headlights
- Gloss black rear spoiler
- Twin tailpipes and
- Gloss Black mirrors, door handles, shark fin antenna and general accents.
- 18" Y-spoke matte black wheels
- Honda Sensing
- Alloy pedals
- Black headliner
- Footwell lighting
- Ambient lighting in door trims
- Leather upholstery + suede and red stitching
- 9" touchscreen display + wireless CarPlay
- 8 speaker sound system
- Keyless entry + remote start
- Push button start
- 7" digital instrument cluster
- Reverse camera
- Windshield washer with integrated washers

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Much better looking car than previous ricer style Civic. Seems selling well too cuz seen a lot of them on the road these days.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Much better looking car than previous ricer style Civic. Seems selling well too cuz seen a lot of them on the road these days.
quite like it as well, maybe not the most breathtaking effort but positive imho
many are still attached to its previous sci fi shell which is probably why the hate

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
quite like it as well, maybe not the most breathtaking effort but positive imho
many are still attached to its previous sci fi shell which is probably why the hate
Previous model got it's own shape, this model not so recognizable, maybe need some time......lol

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Previous model got it's own shape, this model not so recognizable, maybe need some time......lol
yeah definitely lack a solid identity this one, could have done better for sure given the importance of the model especially when it drives so well now

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
The life journey of the Civic is just like our life journey. We started as a child, then become young, then young and dangerous, then have a mid-life crisis, then we become matured and properly grown up, then properly settle down.

Reactions: minibeany

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The life journey of the Civic is just like our life journey. We started as a child, then become young, then young and dangerous, then have a mid-life crisis, then we become matured and properly grown up, then properly settle down.
So which state is it now?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
So which state is it now?
I would say matured and properly grown up just like uncle vr said.
It will be settled down when the size and specs starts to make the accord insignificant. The accord then have to step it up by becoming super premium or just retire and start enjoying retirement by looking after a small kebun durian and raring some ayam kampung.

The previous 1 or 2 model is when its having mid life crisis where its getting old but still refuses to accept it. Hence the styling still try to woo the 'under age' crowd despite the fact underneath...its all grown up. A manager at my workplace had the ketam civic and quickly snap up this recent model. I bet he did that not because he can afford it but because the ketam does not suit his matured stage. He also owns a big bike and its a sports touring bike...still fast but in a matured and grown up way. No need to woo anyone.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Properly Grown Up.
I owned the Child Civic before......lol
Hahaha I was considering it in the 90s too but then decided to get the CB5 4G93 instead.

It will be settled down when the size and specs starts to make the accord insignificant. The accord then have to step it up by becoming super premium or just retire and start enjoying retirement by looking after a small kebun durian and raring some ayam kampung.

The previous 1 or 2 model is when its having mid life crisis where its getting old but still refuses to accept it. Hence the styling still try to woo the 'under age' crowd despite the fact underneath...its all grown up. A manager at my workplace had the ketam civic and quickly snap up this recent model. I bet he did that not because he can afford it but because the ketam does not suit his matured stage. He also owns a big bike and its a sports touring bike...still fast but in a matured and grown up way. No need to woo anyone.
Good analogy.

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya

Guess the Accord going into retirement mode. The technology and design used in Accord is 1-2 steps back. The Accord users most likely move to SUV or continental. The new Civic will replace the gap. IMHO.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Civic = middle-age
Accord = uncle status

but any type-R regardless of model = ahbeng.

hahaha! Don't kill me. I am a self professed ahbeng

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Civic = middle-age
Accord = uncle status

but any type-R regardless of model = ahbeng.

hahaha! Don't kill me. I am a self professed ahbeng
Fk2r and fk8r are the ahbeng ones, prior models are actually all quite subtle, some even very minor styling difference compared to normal versions.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello fellow petrol heads
please help a brother out

i have a blitz e-sbc boost controller
It's so old you can't even find any references to it online
it's one of those old school knob units that doesn't have a display on it
like those old Apexi AFCs.

Anyone knows where i can get it installed in my car?
I can't find any manuals or diagrams online
so i can't DIY

Anyone has one or anyone knows a mechanic who can help me out?

cheers!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience