Custom Paddle Shift?

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
Hi All,

I would like to start a discussion on converting shift buttons to paddle shift. I think and I very sure that a lot of people have thought about it (maybe already do also, but I haven't come across one). I am no expert; just have some thoughts on this. Just want to ask for opinion from someone more knowledgeable.

1. Starting with a car already with tiptronic, with shift buttons on the steering wheel. Is it conceptually logical/ do able to convert the shift button to paddle shifters?

2. The concept is; instead of the driver pushing the button directly on the steering wheel to shift up/down, the driver flips the paddle and the paddle hits the shift button. I do understand relocation of the shift button switch is needed to where ever suitable/do able position along the steering shaft.

3. Eliminating the complexity of the built, paddle shifters is the fixed one (it does not move along with the steering wheel.

I am welcoming any suggestions, opinion on this. Also we can see that there are parties selling aftermarket paddle shifters, but too bad they are not universal.

If this post is irrelevant, I am also OK if it is deleted by the admin.

Thank you in advance.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I understand what you want to do, cannot understand why you want to do it. Can share?

I own a tiptronic car with buttons on the steering, and another paddle shift car. Don't see the benefit of one over the other.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
For me, I just hope to modify the car to have cruise control. At least long distance journey, no need to step on the gas all the time which can be very tiring on the legs.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
For me, I just hope to modify the car to have cruise control. At least long distance journey, no need to step on the gas all the time which can be very tiring on the legs.
Depends also. Most of my outstation trip are during holiday period and even highways are congested. My SUV have the cruise control but seldom use. Only on clear highway I use it, but as mentioned most of the time is congested...:banghead:

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
got one i saw one savy yrv engine with paddle shift taken from suprima stereng...actualy use the whole stereng and paddle shift. he said easier just make sure which wire to tap...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

looking for absorbers for nissan sunny or langley
my car either both but parts are usually identical

need one that can be adjustable soft hard and height

anyone got any suggestion on what brand of absorber are producing these ?
price and where to get ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience