Brembo Brake Pad

I'm thinking of changing to Brembo brake pad for my Wira 1.5 with stock brakes. I asked a shop and they quote me RM120 for it not including installation.

Any of you guys have any comments or opinion regarding these brake pad? The one that I am using currently produces a lot of brake dust although I just changed them like 2 months ago. I plan to put them into another car and I'll use the Brembo for my car. My current brake pads are LPB Semi-metallic from China.

I'm thinking of changing to Brembo brake pad for my Wira 1.5 with stock brakes. I asked a shop and they quote me RM120 for it not including installation.

Any of you guys have any comments or opinion regarding these brake pad? The one that I am using currently produces a lot of brake dust although I just changed them like 2 months ago. I plan to put them into another car and I'll use the Brembo for my car. My current brake pads are LPB Semi-metallic from China.
Brembo that cheap, probably not Ori and what pads (range) are those?

Have never tried before also and considering to get for next replacement if good (at least for my rear pads which are not so important). Got some friends in the club who have used and they said it's decent. As for the price, the ones I saw in some ads are also around that rm120-150 range, maybe the base OEM replacement model or fake, not sure though.

http://www.mudah.my/P83062S+Brembo+Front+Brake+Pad+Camry+Mark+X+Wish-47688461.htm

http://www.mudah.my/P83054S+Brembo+Front+Brake+Pad+Caldina+ZT+Mark+X-47688315.htm

sweelt

sweelt

Nov 6, 2016
look nice tho on mudah seller.
my next plan to get good brake pads too. Currently on wira 93t duno what brand...lol.
If budget allow, braided hose too.

Have never tried before also and considering to get for next replacement if good (at least for my rear pads which are not so important). Got some friends in the club who have used and they said it's decent. As for the price, the ones I saw in some ads are also around that rm120-150 range, maybe the base OEM replacement model or fake, not sure though.

http://www.mudah.my/P83062S+Brembo+Front+Brake+Pad+Camry+Mark+X+Wish-47688461.htm

http://www.mudah.my/P83054S+Brembo+Front+Brake+Pad+Caldina+ZT+Mark+X-47688315.htm
Looks like these standard Brembo pads are still new to our market here. Now I'm still thinking should I change to these or not. My current ones offers good braking performance but it is just that they are quite dusty (But it seems like they got less dusty lately compared to the days when it is still just 1 or 2 weeks new).

I have also checked some of the old threads that you guys discussed in. Some of you mentioned Bendix, Trestor Blue, Akebono, Sumitomo. Perhaps I should try these?

look nice tho on mudah seller.
my next plan to get good brake pads too. Currently on wira 93t duno what brand...lol.
If budget allow, braided hose too.
The red makes it look nice. :biggrin:

Your current brake pads are those that came with your Libero halfcut?

y2188

y2188

Jan 4, 2016
Looks like these standard Brembo pads are still new to our market here. Now I'm still thinking should I change to these or not. My current ones offers good braking performance but it is just that they are quite dusty (But it seems like they got less dusty lately compared to the days when it is still just 1 or 2 weeks new).

I have also checked some of the old threads that you guys discussed in. Some of you mentioned Bendix, Trestor Blue, Akebono, Sumitomo. Perhaps I should try these?

The red makes it look nice. :biggrin:

Your current brake pads are those that came with your Libero halfcut?
Most of the decent biting brake pads I know also make quite a bit of dust lol

marsha1l_v6

marsha1l_v6

Aug 1, 2013
use this + rotor on my ori perdana brake setup last time before conversion..brembo oem replacement..it was good enough for high speed cruise and town drive..price are affordable too

So, if you want a pad that can bite well, dust cannot be avoided?
Yes, so far usually those with good bites will be a bit dusty. Those not so dusty one are usually original pads but some of those do already provide good bites too.

Based on bro VR2 & Izso, the Trestor Advantage Blue is pretty good value for money. Same manufacturer as Bendix but they said much better cold bite. I'm using Bendix Metal King now but only for my rears so decent enough.

Most of the decent biting brake pads I know also make quite a bit of dust lol
Yup, agree on this. My metal king dust a lot, and when fitted trestor advantage the brakes improved a lot and so did the amount of dust......hhahahhahhah:biggrin:

Yes, so far usually those with good bites will be a bit dusty. Those not so dusty one are usually original pads but some of those do already provide good bites too.

Based on bro VR2 & Izso, the Trestor Advantage Blue is pretty good value for money. Same manufacturer as Bendix but they said much better cold bite. I'm using Bendix Metal King now but only for my rears so decent enough.
I had Bendix metal king Plus, then Gold then Titanium before jumping to Trestor advantage. The major improvement was cold bite, right from start, it already bites where Bendix need a while to bite until it warms up. Hot also Trestor slightly better, but the problem is FMP the manufacturer have shifted to Thailand if not mistaken, and they are not selling Trestor Advantage in Malaysia already.....:bawling:

Huh really? I haven't even get to try it leh! :(

Yup, after I poison Izso and gang and some members I also recommended to use, many was using until lately many wanted to find replacement cannot find. Usual PH Auto and even the Jalan Ipoh direct dealer also don't have. Trestor normal and semi metallic have but not the advantage...:bawling:

After asking a few mechanics' opinion, I have found out the auto gearbox for my Wira a/b 1.6 is going to die soon. All have suggested replacing the gearbox. Now, I have switched gearbox 3 times already, and I'm tired of that. Furthermore, the car revs more than it moves, therefore consuming a lot of petrol.

A friend's mechanic said he can replace my gearbox with a manual one at RM1700. This includes a 4G93 1.8 gearbox, gear console, pedals, flywheel, clutchplate, starter and all other...