Accord Euro-R CL7 maintenance..

bulet

500 RPM
Oct 24, 2006
Cheras
After having t car for a week, I am a bit more familiar with it now.

IMHO the first 2 things thats gotta be changed on t CL7R is (1) the entire stock header & exhaust system and (2) the suspension.

The car's got a DC5 engine but without t handling to match / maximise t engine's performance. T car sits a wee bit too high for my liking on stock susp and I got no confidence to push in t corners. I guess tats Y its called a Euro R and not a Type R. :-)
yeah...euro r standard seats are so high. we can use low down seat rail sell in the market, but it will makes rear seat becomes sempit coz front seat need to push back a little bit after low it down......aja had used this rail before also

tweftfom

Apr 10, 2009
i think royo is concerning about the suspension not the seats...is it royo?:confused:

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
LOL.

i think so too.

Both generation of EuroR sit high on standard suspension. VERY high, actually, especially the CL7R.

observe. both cars riding on standard suspension. dabburu ishibon sasupenshion.

CL7R

CL1

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
LOL.

i think so too.

Both generation of EuroR sit high on standard suspension. VERY high, actually, especially the CL7R.

CL7R

CL1
That one can join geng2 Wira tonggek lor!!

bulet

500 RPM
Oct 24, 2006
Cheras
i think royo is concerning about the suspension not the seats...is it royo?:confused:
ye ke?heheh...silap. yeah ...suspension also high. changed mine to standard sus, feel like riding kenari heheheh....

LOL.

i think so too.

CL7R

CL1
CL7R really gemuk ler.....thats CL1 looks like no power uncle car huhu

That one can join geng2 Wira tonggek lor!!
my rear suspension now kong edi, front becomes higher than rear....what should we call if tonggek in the front?

Aja, your car that day also like that what.

geng2 seludup beras kat pengkalan kubor. ride height ala ala hilux
high same as hilux n running with K20AR power...fuhhh

tweftfom

Apr 10, 2009
after a week with coilovers strange sound start coming from the inner back of the car....the sound is so irritating..its like something is going to break into pieces..at first thought this must be something to do with the coilovers...do the checking yesterday and comfirm theres nothing wrong with the coilovers....the mechanic suspect the root of the sound came from the absorber link...but i still not satisfied with the finding...then today recomfirm with other mechanic and yes the sound actually came from the right absorber link...change the absorber link for both and the sound gone....now ride happily ever after heh heh...

my point is why the absorber link got problem immediately after changing to coilovers? how about camber kit? should i install it too?

Last edited:

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
after a week with coilovers strange sound start coming from the inner back of the car....the sound is so irritating..its like something is going to break into pieces..at first thought this must be something to do with the coilovers...do the checking yesterday and comfirm theres nothing wrong with the coilovers....the mechanic suspect the root of the sound came from the absorber link...but i still not satisfied with the founding...then today recomfirm with other mechanic and yes the sound actually came from the right absorber link...change the absorber link for both and the sound gone....now ride happily ever after heh heh...

my point is why the absorber link got problem immediately after changing to coilovers? how about camber kit? should i install it too?
Thought you bought it new? Still got sound when bought new?. Pelik bin ajaib nih.

sireuro

Known Member
May 2, 2007
:wavey: Anyone selling the original CL7R exhaust?

tweftfom

Apr 10, 2009
Thought you bought it new? Still got sound when bought new?. Pelik bin ajaib nih.
the coilovers i bought it new but the car of course recond...the sound came from the absorber link which comes stock with the car....

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

:wavey: Anyone selling the original CL7R exhaust?
why want to buy stock exhaust? kong already?

Royo

Aug 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
the coilovers i bought it new but the car of course recond...the sound came from the absorber link which comes stock with the car....

Hi twetform - can share what coilovers you installed? Am looking at coilovers too but not many options for our car model. So far I've found out the most commonly installed is Tein Super Street but installers say Super Street is too soft for great handling.

Any comments from CL7R owners who use the Super Streets ?

tweftfom

Apr 10, 2009

Hi twetform - can share what coilovers you installed? Am looking at coilovers too but not many options for our car model. So far I've found out the most commonly installed is Tein Super Street but installers say Super Street is too soft for great handling.

Any comments from CL7R owners who use the Super Streets ?

bro im on mugen coilovers...really satisfied with it which handles like stock but u can hantam corner like no 2morrow....as about tein i dont know much about it....but usually for tracking mugen, tein monoflex n toda fightex are those u should target...it is a matter of hows ur feeling on it....i think for tein in malaysia the easy available spec for us to get is tein super street...it is so hard to find tein monoflex....read somewhere that tein monoflex is quite noisy...i think for street use u can also try BC or D2 coilovers.....

Royo

Aug 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for t advice.

wah...mugen really that good huh. I was recommended Mugen too because am told it s basically plug & play for street use and a bit of tracking (no worries about tuning). But upon checking the Mugen web-site, only the more expensive 5 way adjustable coilovers is available for cl7r and not the cheaper non-adjustable type. Also need to order and wait for 1-3 mths to arrive in KL. May I ask whr you got yours?

tein monoflex is good but need to order and wait for a few months as well. Heard its bit too stiff for street use but very good on the track....also good stuff dun come cheap...heh heh.

Wats BC? I am told that D2 is a local brand and dun make for cl7r.

Was told by a fellow member about Tomei coilovers. Apparently its popular in Sg as its got a good balance ride comfort and handling stiffness at a very reasonable price. Plan to drive over to check it out. Any takers..? :-)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all and calling all turbo sifus alike for their advice,

on my previous car (a proton) i transplanted an evo 3 engine and modded it slightly more than 300hp, it was quite good and i was pleased with the per4mance. now at the moment (on another car, again still a proton) running on a 1.8 GSR turbo but suddenly feel like putting a 2.0 litre 4G63 powerplant back in again. i'm familiar with the evo engines la but i've heard some VERY VERY good reviews on the VR4 RS also. i've tested a few...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience