4g93 Mivec Turbo Waja project(Many pictures be warned)

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
They also talking about VR2 mini pajero......lol:biggrin:
Yala all kena con thanks to your nick haha.

Anyway, some updates on my car. Sent my car in to custom make a heatshield for me turbo manifold, hopefully will reduce my under hood temps and hopefully reduce the chances of the power steering pump boiling over. The fabricator also said that my grill and hood design is really quite bad for airflow and advised me to have some hood venting to reduce the underhood temps even more so will see how to approach that in the future. My whole engine bay is between 70-80c according to my IR heat gun so it does get really hot in there.

Anyway, helped my friend measure his cylinder and head chamber cc to calculate his 4g15 compression ratio, here's a short time-lapse :biggrin:

https://youtu.be/VLI2PM6Bacc

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Wrapped some bits of my turbo water cooling hose with some heat resistant sleeve as it's too near the manifold.

Just got my heatshield done, looks awesome! :biggrin:

Underhood temps feel alot cooler now. Hopefully my power steering won't boil over now :hmmm:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
nice exhaust shield..

waja no case on tearing at engine mount? Anyway, where do u buy depo sensor...is it reliable? especially oil temp/press...

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
nice exhaust shield..

waja no case on tearing at engine mount? Anyway, where do u buy depo sensor...is it reliable? especially oil temp/press...
Currently using solid rubber engine mounts at the cross member. I don't think the engine moves that much as my turbo actuator had not contacted my radiator yet :rofl:

Depo I'd say is OK for the price and the quality is pretty good too. Currently using their wideband and EGT sensor.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
nice exhaust shield..

Depo is quite reliable. Accuracy seems pretty close to what the ECU reads so I find it reliable. Price may have risen since sometime ago. I bought my three-in-one and vacuum almost 3-4 years ago.

where did you custom the heatshield and how much if it if u dont mind sharing? :driver:
Yeah I wanna know too

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
where did you custom the heatshield and how much if it if u dont mind sharing? :driver:
Depo is quite reliable. Accuracy seems pretty close to what the ECU reads so I find it reliable. Price may have risen since sometime ago. I bought my three-in-one and vacuum almost 3-4 years ago.

Yeah I wanna know too
Depo so far the issues I had, the older wideband the segmented LED digit display die off one segment at a time until I can no longer read the reading. The 4-in-1 meter works well, but after many years the OLED display starts to dim which I expect might happen to my current wideband as well which uses an OLED display, but at least now the OLED display is a seperate unit with the main controller and should be easily replaced if it does happen. And also their touch-sensitive buttons on certain models tend to get hyper sensitive after a few months use and will press itself while driving.

Accuracy and response wise all is good, the stepper motor they use for the needle seems to be of high quality unlike the cheapo fakes which moves slowly. But as mentioned, only thing I can see is a lower quality compared to the branded ones double or triple it's price but that seems to be improving now as I think there is a new range of gauges. I will still buy Depo gauges for their value for money.

Got the heatshield done at a guy named Saidi. Can find him on FB Saidi SRF. If you know Hongzai the guy doing Subaru and Kia Carnival converts wan, it's right behind his shop.

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Emo maximum.... just found out my manifold cracked a full circle on one of the runners at the welding. Looks like the manifold somehow warped and the welding gave way...

now need to spend even more money :bawling::bawling::bawling:

Reactions: Tom

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe width="335" height="250" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eB6R3h05Qh4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Watch this video of the Audi heritage explained and the introduction of the new Audi TT RS. The Quattro drivetrain has been here for almost 3 decades. A great heritage explained in the video and definitely reasons why our beloved friend Izso, loves one. Here's to you buddy! Enjoy the video
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience