Formula 1InternationalMotorsportsNews

Lotterer replaces Kobayashi’s Caterham seat for the Belgium GP!

20120725210718-55578ca7-960x480

The Caterham F1 team is not exactly having a good year, especially when lifelong rival Marussia managed to score some championship points in the Monaco Grand Prix. And the management had done a lot of measures to take the team to a better position, including rumours saying that they will be replacing Kamui Kobayashi’s seat with Andre Lotterer for the Belgian Grand Prix.

Kamui-Kobayashi

This rumour however is not farfetched as it has been confirmed that Lotterer will indeed take Kobayashi’s place for the upcoming round of the F1 Grand Prix. The Caterham F1 team will benefit from having another experienced driver behind the wheels and providing feedback along the way to improve the performance of the car. And to clear things off, Lotterer will only be replacing Kobayashi for this round of the championship and the Japanese still remains part of the team.

“I am delighted to be given the opportunity to take part in a Formula One race weekend – I want to thank Caterham F1 team for this chance,” said Lotterer. “I really enjoy racing at the legendary circuit of Spa-Francorchamps, it’s one of my favourite tracks and it’s very close to where I grew up, so this makes the weekend even more special and one to remember,” he added.

Born in Germany, Lotterer moved to Belgium when he was two and grew up there. Starting his racing career in the early 90’s, Lotterer grew up to be one of the most successful racing drivers with his most notable win is being a three-time Le Mans 24 Hours winner with Audi.

Source, Source 2