NewsProton

THE SAGA CONTINUES IN BRUNEI – PROTON revs up export optimization efforts

allnewprotonsagaBRUNEI, 10 October 2008 – PROTON launched its latest model, the SAGA, in Brunei today, as part of its overall product portfolio renewal initiative for the region.

The SAGA was launched by YM Pengiran Hajah Mariana binti Pengiran Dipa Negara Laila Diraja Pengiran Hj. Abdul Momin, Deputy Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Industry and Primary Resources.

The award-winning SAGA, PROTON’s sixth fully built model was first launched in Malaysia in January 2008. To-date a total of 81,825 bookings has been received, of which 43,023 have been delivered.

The SAGA has been one of PROTON’s key sales drivers in Malaysia next to the Persona. In Brunei, it too follows the successful launch of the Persona in April and is expected to perform well, further strengthening PROTON’s market share in the country.

“The SAGA is the 11th model exported to Brunei and we are optimistic that it will be well received by our customers here. It is truly a people’s car, reflective of PROTON’s philosophy of designing the right car for the right market at the right price,” said PROTON Holdings Berhad Chairman Dato’ Mohammed Azlan Hashim in conjunction with the launch.

img_0426

The SAGA, winner of the “Best People’s Car” (Malaysia) at the Asian Auto – VCA, Auto Industry Awards 2008, comes equipped with the IAFM (intake air-fuel module) system and powered by an improved version of the CamPro, The SAGA has also been designed with driver and passenger safety in mind, with 75 per cent of its chassis being made from high tensile steel.

“Quality and safety of all our models are our key concern. The new SAGA also comes with an airbag and seat belts equipped as an added safety feature,” said Azlan.

Good ride and handling were also taken into consideration when designing the car. The chassis combined with a Lotus-tuned suspension, promises excellent ride and handling that is expected to set a new benchmark in its category.

The SAGA’s contemporary and stylish design is also expected to be a key attraction for buyers.

The 1.3 M-Line manual SAGA that will make its debut in Brunei will be priced at BND$17,000.00 while the automatic transmission priced at BND$18,000.00. It will be available in seven colours namely Zircon Green, Metallic Black, Solid White, Mountain Blue, Genetic Silver, Chilli Red and Granite Gray.

PROTON has had a presence in Brunei since 1999, through sole distributor Worldwide Motor Sdn Bhd. The company owns two showrooms in Bandar. Since 2002 to-date, they have sold a total of 2,803 PROTON cars in Brunei.

About PROTON

PROTON, established in 1983, is Malaysia’s largest manufacturer of automobiles. With operations in key market centers from UK and Western Europe to the Middle East, and across South-East Asia and Australasia, PROTON produces cars to suit a range of consumer demands and preferences. The offerings include versatile and reliable four-door family vehicles, two-door hatchbacks for the young-at-heart, luxurious and stylish executive sedans, as well as the world-renowned sports cars from Lotus.

PROTON’s inception as a key driver of national development has seen the brand accelerate its learning curve through technology transfer with strategic partnerships and technical collaborations. PROTON cars are now steadily on track to achieving the mission for the future, gearing up to achieve the promise of a marquee which build cars with passion and soul; cars which are a delight to drive and a pleasure to own.

T
Australasia? where the heck is that place?
L
  • L
    LOL
  • Oct 10, 2008
with the global economy goin downwards...whose mind is thinking about buying cars??
D
  • D
    doppelganger
  • Oct 11, 2008
me..nuff said..
N
  • N
    netmatrix
  • Oct 11, 2008
I am. But was put off once the interest rate has gone up.
A
  • A
    ACQ2305
  • Oct 13, 2008
secondhand S15 in brunei, around B$25,000....
evo 4,5, B$30,00-40,000..
which would pick????
but then,yeah,secondhand .... then again,i would pick any good condition secondhand car over a brand new Proton..
S
  • S
    Saga 2008 owner
  • Jan 18, 2009
no offense ACQ2305... This new saga's quality is different with any others proton cars... i mean previous developed cars that under previous CEO and management team... should i saying more? ok, if compared Persona and new Saga with my 6 years old Waja, i admited that Waja is lack of quality and way expensive then boths of Proton new developed 2007 cars... that why i said that Proton new developed cars (2007 onward) are very promising ... Persona is RM55,000 for full spec auto and Waja manual at RM64,000 6 years ago, yet the Persona quality is better... i might go for Persona if it's was available in 6 years ago with that prices... that was i called a SHOT!

Toyota 100 years on business and Mitsu and Honda are over 80 years... Proton?? 25 years.... Toyota, Honda and Mitsu produced a crap cars on 20-25 years of developement... No offense....
B
  • B
    BEEMER!
  • Apr 7, 2010
Proton is going on the right track. Congrats, Proton.
C
  • C
    CoCooN
  • Sep 9, 2010
Good Try Proton! But the price is still a problem.. LOLX
C