Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Darth Evillus

Known Member
Jan 16, 2019
1.jpeg
2.jpeg

I think its time I need a new car.
On first inspection Paultan site, the rear looks meh. But subsequent articles on Thai and Sing specs and a couple of videos on youtube, I am starting to love this matured rear look (Some say it looks like the old elantra, some say the new jetta, some say accord, some even say Proton Saga Widened)
I definitely love the contour of the front (Theres a hint of the new Camry on the spoilers)

Honda has went back to simplicIty. I watched a few North American reviews on the car and I am growing on it.

I am 30, I need space, comfort, practicality, yet when I want to speed, I still can. For the better this is no longer the Ah Beng's car. I have a kid, a growing family and I am thinking this car is it. But before I commit (theres time, to its release, thx (no thx) to the pandemic, hopefully with tax holiday extended further to next year. I dont have a thing for SUV. I stIll love sedan.

Its either this or the CX-5 2.0 High for me, my budget is around 150k tops. ( I am guessing full spec will hit 140-150)

What do you guys think?

I checked with Honda HQ morning, they say still on time for end of year release this year, with 1.8NA, 1.5 TC and 1.5 TCP variants with Honda Sensings.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
View attachment 580721 View attachment 580722

I think its time I need a new car.
On first inspection Paultan site, the rear looks meh. But subsequent articles on Thai and Sing specs and a couple of videos on youtube, I am starting to love this matured rear look (Some say it looks like the old elantra, some say the new jetta, some say accord, some even say Proton Saga Widened)
I definitely love the contour of the front (Theres a hint of the new Camry on the spoilers)

Honda has went back to simplicIty. I watched a few North American reviews on the car and I am growing on it.

I am 30, I need space, comfort, practicality, yet when I want to speed, I still can. For the better this is no longer the Ah Beng's car. I have a kid, a growing family and I am thinking this car is it. But before I commit (theres time, to its release, thx (no thx) to the pandemic, hopefully with tax holiday extended further to next year. I dont have a thing for SUV. I stIll love sedan.

Its either this or the CX-5 2.0 High for me, my budget is around 150k tops. ( I am guessing full spec will hit 140-150)

What do you guys think?

I checked with Honda HQ morning, they say still on time for end of year release this year, with 1.8NA, 1.5 TC and 1.5 TCP variants with Honda Sensings.
I am few years older +1 kid and personally i will get a pickup instead of a C or D segment car.

Its offers much much much more space, much more practical (u can do anything with it), and its fast for what it is.
In term of comfort they can never beat a car but modern pickups are much more liveable compared to older workhorse pickups. Their equipment level and interior is up to date with most modern car. Too bad as if i am not mistaken there is no tax holiday for pickups,just very low interest for some brand.

Then again, pickup is not for everyone. Will i get a pickup as my next vehicle? Nope as i already got a Pajero which still serve me extremely well. If the Pajero is beyond repair (highly doubt it) only i will go for a pickup. On top of that i will still keep a small car or a C or D segment sedan as my 2nd vehicle as my wife is not fond of driving an suv or a pickup.

Oh BTW, for me nothing beats the smile or joy my son showed whenever i go thru mild offroad track. He will focus on the terrain and said "there dad, lets go there..there is a large hill/earth drain/mud" Once pass, he will beg me to turn around and do it again. Thats time well spent over there.

Sorry for the long rant...wfh...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I am few years older +1 kid and personally i will get a pickup instead of a C or D segment car.

Its offers much much much more space, much more practical (u can do anything with it), and its fast for what it is.
In term of comfort they can never beat a car but modern pickups are much more liveable compared to older workhorse pickups. Their equipment level and interior is up to date with most modern car. Too bad as if i am not mistaken there is no tax holiday for pickups,just very low interest for some brand.

Then again, pickup is not for everyone. Will i get a pickup as my next vehicle? Nope as i already got a Pajero which still serve me extremely well. If the Pajero is beyond repair (highly doubt it) only i will go for a pickup. On top of that i will still keep a small car or a C or D segment sedan as my 2nd vehicle as my wife is not fond of driving an suv or a pickup.

Oh BTW, for me nothing beats the smile or joy my son showed whenever i go thru mild offroad track. He will focus on the terrain and said "there dad, lets go there..there is a large hill/earth drain/mud" Once pass, he will beg me to turn around and do it again. Thats time well spent over there.

My kids enjoy the acceleration pull of a good strong turbo charged car. hahaha

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Years ago, My wife wanted a MPV but after testing she took C segment SUV. Now upgrade to D segment SUV......lol

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya

always like the Baby Pajero... rare item now...

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
always like the Baby Pajero... rare item now...
U are referring to the io model right?

Wait till u see the swb (short wheelbase) Pajero. I call this model Pajero Coupe, it makes your age younger by at least 10 years. If i recall correctly they only make 2 door version swb for the 1st and 2nd gen model. Both are highly sought after and prices are 'willing buyer, willing seller' level.

I am not so fond of Pajero io though except for the 2 door model.

On the civic...if i look at the rear picture long enough, i will recall one of my old friend which i havent see for at least 2 years. The civic is reminding me of my friend Corolla Altis.

Civic is the car Malaysian bought to show off and say 'i have better car than u'. Lets just say its an Ah Beng car. Thats how i see the car or at least thats what most if not all of civic owners potray on the road. Could be the reason why all the previous gen are kinda 'young and dangerous' in term of design. Looks like Honda is putting a stop to that at least for now. Maybe they realise that not many Ah Beng whom had just started working can afford the Civic anymore and its only accessible to matured people with family. Hence the matured design.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I actually own the 1st Gen Civic, those days civic was the affordable car, and the accord was higher range. But as years went on Civic prices have gone up and the affordable model now became the City.....lol
Yup, sort of agree with bro. Gunnerzz, the civic had a special shape to differentiate from others, this model seems to look like the others.....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Eh why try con me. The rear is an Audi with Honda logo photochopped on it. Pls i not born yesterday kthxbye

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
All these from my own experience and opinion.

1. Try to get a large car if family growing (like you plan for more than 1 kid). Imagine 2 kids with car seat behind and 80% of the space got occupied and very hard to fetch 1 more adult.
2. Get a SUV as the door frame have a wider space for you to put / get your kid out from the car seat.
3. Boot space is important and it never enough.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

VEILSIDE for 350Z Community

Hi everyone,

We are glad to inform all of you that we are in the midst of bringing Veilside into Malaysia in the next couple of months. We are planning to have our Veilside soft launch products once we enter the Malaysian market.

As you all know that Veilside is the leading exclusive automotive product especially in body parts for aerodynamic and aesthetic enhancement of the vehicle.Veilside products have been featured in movies such as The Fast and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience