Rear boot bonnet heavy in P.Gen 2

Neo_

Known Member
Sep 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
btw, since ur saying its heavy,have u compared with other gen2's? may b something is wrong with your damper it self..
not no enuff lubricant at the damper place..ludah sikit kat damper bagi dia licin sikit ... :rofl:

katz79

Oct 11, 2008
u need to change the damper. i already did mine. now it really hard to lock down :banghead: but easier to open up. the damper is not expensive. but i bought not ori one coz the sparepart shop dun have stock for ori. :hmmmm:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
u need to change the damper. i already did mine. now it really hard to lock down :banghead: but easier to open up. the damper is not expensive. but i bought not ori one coz the sparepart shop dun have stock for ori. :hmmmm:
Oh! now you got to force it to close......:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
That's why they say, some things are best leave as stock. Change car with your wife maybe?

katz79

Oct 11, 2008
maybe its hard because it still new. later in a few weeks it shall be soft again. i bought it last 2 weeks ago. maybe need time just like running in ur engine when it was newly bought. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
maybe its hard because it still new. later in a few weeks it shall be soft again. i bought it last 2 weeks ago. maybe need time just like running in ur engine when it was newly bought. :biggrin:
Why did you change in the first place? Old one would not hold up the boot cover?

katz79

Oct 11, 2008
Why did you change in the first place? Old one would not hold up the boot cover?
i put soundproofing stuff on the bonnet at ea. then howie found out my dampers started giving away plus with the new weight from the soundproof stuff makes the bonnet can only stand halfway on its own. so i change the damper and solve the problems.

i dun mind on hard pull as it really not that hard. just need little more afford there. the important is it can stand on its own like the way when i newly bought the car :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
This will be big change ...:biggrin:

ya..loor:biggrin:
Must be some monster you driving that u mentioned big change :rofl:
Let wife enjoy the best :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

if you earn more than RM2500 per month and you don't have commitment yes you can buy "lancer" or your dream car.

how about people earn less than that and got a lot of commitment can they buy?
All Malaysian citizen can not run from Proton expenses laa... even U buy others car like Honda, Toyota, BMW, Merc & etc.. the expenses still incurred in your new car... That why Proton never care about their product interm of Cost vs Quality coz we as Malaysian...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience