Rear boot bonnet heavy in P.Gen 2

boyzone

Mar 13, 2005
Guys,

Rear boot bonnet for Gen 2 is very heavy to lift up, any chance to reduce?
Please help.. Thx

order carbon fiber rear boot...

end of story...

egb18c

Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
do like a race car.take out the rear glass window and put plastic one.
tadhaaa....
confirm lightweight

2 options:

1: install rear carbon bonnet for your GEN2 as suggested by Pomen_GTR
2: Go fitness centre and build up your body and your arm. Confirm lighter from time to time :wink:

It already equip with damper right?
Which is why I wonder how heavy can it be...i opened one once, it feels okay with the help of the rear bonnet damper..

that's why i think they add a damper for front hood.worth on not add it to y front hood?
Feels okay for me for the front hood, not as heavy as it looks. I still prefer the classic way of the handle holding the hood :biggrin:

so can say it is useless to install lah. :rofl: just a mode or really helping?
It helps if you really feel that the hood is just way too heavy for you, other than that is just cosmetics to me that the car looks better or save the trouble of finding the handle to hold the hood.

Cons, from some feedback, it might be faulty in a long run. Just like some rear bonnet with those dampers, I have come across some owners needing to hold the boot due to faulty dampers.

Oh well, there is always wear and tear in almost everything. Just don't buy the cheap ones :rofl:

mosesmk

Feb 21, 2012
It helps if you really feel that the hood is just way too heavy for you, other than that is just cosmetics to me that the car looks better or save the trouble of finding the handle to hold the hood.

Cons, from some feedback, it might be faulty in a long run. Just like some rear bonnet with those dampers, I have come across some owners needing to hold the boot due to faulty dampers.

Oh well, there is always wear and tear in almost everything. Just don't buy the cheap ones :rofl:
of course lah bro.if everything still working 4ever sure tokey gulung tikar lol..:biggrin:
so stick to ori way.can bulit muscle also mah. beside how often does we open the boot right.

Yup, stock already equipped... but still heavy ...:mad:
Nothing can be done unless u change to a carbon bonnet.

Stock cars, I feel more secure driving cars with a boot or hood that is heavy. Light ones imagine
if crash, cant imagine what is the damage. Not hard enough to protect us. Like a milo tin more scary.

Meet the Jaguar F-Pace. A new contender and yet another contributing proof, indicating the immense market needs for more SUVs. Nevertheless, the F-Pace combines what’s good from Jaguar and the key features wanted in the market nowadays.

Sitting in the same league as the Porsche Macan, Audi Q5 and Mercedes GLC, the Jaguar F-Pace boasts a sleeker design; taking cues from its full-size sedan sibling, the...