I've post this before, not sure whether in ZTH or ClubAE111.UK
sorry coz I've not updated this since 2010...
anyway i've sold my 4AGE 20V Blacktop engine already...
AE110 to AE111 Upgrade Journey
I believe this question was asked by all car enthusiasts, before or after they got their cars. Anyway just to get things started, I’ll put in my journey. I’m sorry that it’s not a Levin or Trueno; but a variant of it… its Corolla AE110…
- Oct04 - manage to get the car; Corolla 1997 AE110 4AFE with Auto Transmission, 15x7 Lenso Maglite.
- Upgrade air filter to K&N drop-in and putting 3” PVC flexible tube as CAI to behind the front bumper. Resonator remove and the hole enlarge to accommodate the PVC tube.
- Start using Bridgestone Potenza GIII; 195/55/15. Good in dry or wet (rate 7/10).
- Upgrade to coilovers; local licensed GAB adjustable Hi/Lo suspension.
- Upgrade front and rear brake hose to Pro-RS steel braided.
- Install MSD6AL + 8910EIS; dyno at 115whp. Use it for 1+year, faulty probably due to the engine bay heat.
- Upgrade to SARD adjustable fuel pressure regulator; after the modified OEM burst.
- Upgrade exhaust muffler to Fujitsubo Giken S-Flow – JASMA approved.
- DIY brake stopper and oil catch tank.
- Upgrade to HKS top suspension mount, camber adjustable.
- Install Ultra Racing bars; 3point upper front, 3point fender & 2point mid-rear.
- Upgrade brake; front and rear to disc. Front 2pot from SS modified to fit McPherson.
- Using Bendix Metal brake pads for front and rear. Not very good as it scrapped the rotor after 50% utilization.
- Upgrade rear brake hose to Pro-RS steel braided.
- Install MOMO Race steering wheel with MOMO boss kit.
- Upgrade front seats; been told from Corolla AE111GT.
- Convert to 4AGE Blacktop with Auto transmission, K&N and CAI tube retain.
- Upgrade to TRD thermostat, TABATA 1.3bar radiator cap, NGK Power Cable and Denso IK20.
- Upgrade to 50mm velocity stacks inside intake plenum; maintain original box with K&N and CAI tube.
- Upgrade to local 4-2-1 header; customized to HKS style. Change piping to 2.2” with 2 bullets, maintain muffler due to s-flow design for back pressure.
- Install Thermotec 1,200degree thermal wrap (only for 4-2-1 header).
- Start using Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE001; 195/55/15. Good in dry or wet (rate 8/10).
- Upgrade to Ultra Racing 19mm rear anti-roll bar.
- Upgrade to use Celica fuel pump.
- Upgrade brake pad to EBC Green for front 2pot and EBC Black for rear. (Update: Currently using Bendix General CT for front coz EBC Green lasted only for 6 months, probably due to auto transmission)
- Upgrade to PIAA 4700K bulbs and install headlight booster.
- Change to TITAN suspension; local custom built adjustable Hi/Lo coilovers.
- Upgrade to silicon radiator hose.
- Install ARC intake chamber.
- Rebuilt 4AGE Blacktop engine
o Rod from Silvertop engine.
o BT Head port and polish + groove (SOMENDER-SINGH.com
o TODA Valve Springs.
o TODA Adjustable Exhaust Cam Pulley.
o TRD 0.8mm Metal Head Gasket.
o ACL Race bearings.
o POWER Kevlar II Timing Belt.
o Toyota Blacktop O/S 0.50mm piston kits.
o Balanced crank and auto flywheel.
- Upgrade to Walbro 255lph fuel pump.
- Convert to manual C56 gearbox with TRD 1.5way LSD
- Changed dashboard to Levin AE111 (mix BZG & BZR)
- Install Exedy 3 puck racing clutch and cover
- Install TRD steel braided clutch line
- Install CUSCO 2pt lower arm bar
- Install CUSCO Master brake stopper
- Upgrade to complete JASMA exhaust (No brand)
- Upgrade to Toyota 2layer aluminum radiator
- Install modified racing engine mounting for front
- Upgrade to TODA 272in/272ex cams with 9mm lift
- Removed extractor thermal wrap
- Upgrade to aluminum Water Pump & Alternator pulley
- Install TODA Intake Cam pulley (VVT disabled)
- Install PIVOT Speed Meter V
- Changed 50mm aluminum trumpet (with better bell-mouth)
- Changed to HKS Open Air Filter Reloaded with ZerOne 3.25” silicon hose
- Install TRD Oil Cap and Radiator Cap 1.3bar
- Install VVT solenoid cover
After this rebuild, then journey might be…
- Install water temp.
- Install in E-Manage Blue or Ultimate.
- Install oil cooler with oil pressure and oil temp gauges.
- Upgrade header to 4-1 HKS Racing or Cusco Power Ball.
- Install AE111 Levin BZG front body parts.
So as you can see, my priority is always; handling to power to handling to power. Coz you need to able to handle the beast first before any power upgrade, then after power upgrade you need to learn to handle it again coz the characteristic changes, and this will continue.
Working in a foreign bank, as such a bit restricted due to firewall policy, cannot upload pics to certain site. Only start to learn driving, got my license and first car in year 2000 at the age of 29, before this my interest mainly in motorbike. Most of knowledge is from Internet and Forums. Join as member in:-
- Zerotohundred.com | The Automotive Lifestyle Network
Some good reference:-
Thou must breathe:AE111 Stage 1 – Thou must breathe:AE111 stage_1
AE111: Stage III – AE111: Stage III
AE111 Stage III Complete! – AE111 Stage III Complete!
High Lift Cams AE111 BT 20v –High Lift Cams AE111 BT 20v
Reference to parts used:-
TITAN Suspension – TiTAN SUSPENSION
Ultra Racing Brace – ULTRA RACING Chassis Strengthening Technology