Originally Posted by OhNooy
Hi all bros and sis,
I will be looking for a A32 2.0 soon. I heard about the stability and comfortableness of the car during cruising, especially long distance highway, and I like the size too.
Anyway, I would like to know about the common problems on this model. After all this is a more than 10-year model. Apart from wear and tear, what are the common problems? Such as we know the power window for Proton, etc.
After more than 10 years on the road, may I know is it still possible to get new parts for this model? Or everything needs to get from the chop shop? Especially the small/electronics parts such as power window motor, etc.
Hope to get more input from you guys before I really decided to get one.
It all depends on your luck! My A32 3.0Ltr has served me well going on 15years. Common problems:
1. Oil leaks everywhere like mine. No time and expensive to fix.
2. Fuel smell or fuel dripping out. Plastic Fuel tank supply and return assembly crack. i posted this and how I fixed mine another Bro, also had the same problem.
3. All coolant hoses need to be replaced and there are many! About 10-12 hoses ah? Can't remeber
4. My water heater pipe broke because of age as its made out of plastic. Now the car cannot adjust A/C temp its always at Max cold. Its a climate control system which uses coolant heat to adjust the A/C air temp unlike other cheaper local cars using on/off compressor to regulate temp. Have to open up whole A/C system to get it fixed. Also posted here by another bro.
5. My power windows are doing fine and they are Original from factory since day one! WOW! Only changed the driver side from potong kereta, very cheap rm100++ only. The rubber mounting which connects the motor and the pulley assemble broke. Biasa la rubbber parts after 14years. But the other windows are still holding up.
6.AT trans selector switch spoil because of wear and tear. Cannot start when in P. Common for all AT cars.
7. All the others are wear and tear like shock, bushing and mountings.
8. If you can find a A32 which has been well taken care of. Its worth the money. Engine and trans is good provided its been taken care of since brand new. Mine still going strong after 280,000km and 15years.
Maybe my car lasted so long because I one of those lucky buyers which got a good car. Buying car also like buying 4D.