Discuss About Your Car...

stutzedward

3,000 RPM

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Rotary engine very free revving one, if boost lagi fast.......lol
There's a standard bolt-on turbo from Greedy ready made for RX-8. The boost is only 0.5 bar and pushes an additional 50-80hp more above the standard engine output. (We'll see around 250-300whp) With the standard 1300kgs weight, it's adequately fast. Not to mention the additional torque. A brand new set will set back around RM18K without installation. So including installation and dyno-tuning, we can see around RM20K.

The pre-requisite is to have a healthy engine for sure. If the engine is close to 100K mileage, so it's wiser to rebuild the engine before installing the bolt-on turbo. That will set back around RM8-15K depending on the engine condition. Let's say be more conservative at RM12K.

So all in all, it's RM20K + RM12K, hey that is already the price of used 2003 RX-8 (in not-so-good condition). Hahaha... unless you really want to keep the car permanently as a serious toy, else it does not makes sense, at least to me.

I will keep my car stock (engine) at the moment for reliability.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Yea, keep it and let your son drive it. Inherit the love of cars to your children. :biggrin::driver:

I feel this applies to most cars too I mean traffic jam is the recipe for carbon build so the only remedy that does not involve walnut shell blasting is driving it hard. :driver:
I daily my car so I drive my car hard weekly for this reason, mostly on weekends tho.

I drive an E60 now, 530i to be exact. I was craving so badly for some disposable power and good handling. Whenever I drove the SantaFe, it felt ridiculously sluggish considering that it weighs 2tons + 155hp & 350NM. Just not engaging enough and never felt confident when I was trying to overtake at high speed. Right now tho... driving to petrol station very often hahahaha :rofl::driver:

Have done some cosmetics and handling mods to it, overall pretty satisfied for what it is now but I feel like I need replace the current tint... It has good heat rejection but it's very transparent :banghead:
More mods are coming but gotta save first.
Share pics?

s.marz

Known Member

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Share pics?
Here we go.

Exterior:
HRE R40 18'
Front Michelin PSS 245/45/18
Rear Continental EXTREMEContact 275/35/18

Interior:
M5 Steering with Paddles

Engine:
BMC Air filter
RPI Axleback Exhaust

Handling:
KW V2
RDSports Front and rear sway bars

Future mods:
Rear muffler delete (easiest one)
New tint (too transparent)
M-Sport bumpers all round
Either repaint or wrap the car (current paint isn't that good)
BMS Tune

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Pretty car :biggrin: E60s are the best looking generation BMW if you ask me. Everything else is pale in comparison.

But gotta love the original E36 look too.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Here we go.

Exterior:
HRE R40 18'

Interior:
M5 Steering with Paddles

Engine:
BMC Air filter
RPI Axleback Exhaust

Handling:
KW V2
H&R Front and rear sway bars

Future mods:
BMS Tune
Very nice and tastefully modified. Was it done by you or previous owner?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Pretty car :biggrin: E60s are the best looking generation BMW if you ask me. Everything else is pale in comparison.

Can't agree more. The current BMW range is a bit too 'boring' for my preference...

s.marz

Known Member

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Very nice and tastefully modified. Was it done by you or previous owner?
Nah, I'd say 50/50 ish.
Btw, have you guys heard of the tint company called Hamel? Looked up online and all I saw were good reviews. Price isn't too bad either, do you personally recommend any brand?
Currently have the VKool all round, not sure which one but it's kinda transparent and has good heat rejection.

s.marz

Known Member

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur

The very reason why I chose this gen, I feel that it has a timeless design and I never got tired looking at one. Simply beautiful.

Can't agree more. The current BMW range is a bit too 'boring' for my preference...
They've gotten so fat and heavy, lost of people are kinda disappointed with the new Ms too. Not as thrilling and raw as compared to their elders but still king of the track performance wise. :adore:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Nah, I'd say 50/50 ish.
Btw, have you guys heard of the tint company called Hamel? Looked up online and all I saw were good reviews. Price isn't too bad either, do you personally recommend any brand?
Currently have the VKool all round, not sure which one but it's kinda transparent and has good heat rejection.
Cool... nice ride anyway. It's a total different spectrum compared to the SantaFe. You must be loving it every single second.

s.marz

Known Member

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Cool... nice ride anyway. It's a total different spectrum compared to the SantaFe. You must be loving it every single second.
Yea def but well uh not really, I don't think any of us enjoy being in a traffic jam. :rofl:
Cure to that is going up Ulu Yam on early Saturday morning. :driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I will keep my car stock (engine) at the moment for reliability.
Might as well keep stock since your son also wants to take over......lol:biggrin:

Nah, I'd say 50/50 ish.
Most branded tint are okay, just that you need to choose what category you want. The higher heat rejection the higher the price. I actually fitted that tint for my VR, but I took the low end ones since car already so old. Did it at Vness Tint - Shah Alam. They are the distributor....

Last edited:

s.marz

Known Member

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Most branded tint are okay, just that you need to choose what category you want. The higher heat rejection the higher the price. I actually fitted that tint for my VR, but I took the low end ones since car already so old. Did it at Vness Tint - Shah Alam. They are the distributor....
How do you like your HAMEL so far? If you dont mind, stats and color of your tint.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Here we go.

Exterior:
HRE R40 18'

Interior:
M5 Steering with Paddles

Engine:
BMC Air filter
RPI Axleback Exhaust

Handling:
KW V2
H&R Front and rear sway bars

Future mods:
BMS Tune
Mafia boss car. :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Nah, I'd say 50/50 ish.
Since you have VKool already - changing would be such a shame. Just top up a cheap darker tint for the colour. Don't remove the Vkool man