ATR Gear slip

xamel1975

Dec 6, 2004
Hi,

My Trekker have this problem where the gear slips when it's hot.

I changed the ATF with treatment fluid. And a check on the ECU shows an error P0170 - fuel trim bank 1. Vacuum leaks?

My wife use the Trekker daily and she says that the slip is more noticable when the car turns right. I believe this is a sign of faulty transmission pump.

I'm planning to take to Ah Wah soon to get it checked. Just need some feedback on possible issue from sifus here.

FYI, I've sent the gear for overhaul last year. Barely touched 20K since the overhaul.

xamel1975

Dec 6, 2004
Why not go back to them first, since they overhaul it or you have bad experience with them so need second opinion?
No bad experience except they didn't/refuse to adjust my steering when they reassemble the gearbox :-).

Plus, their workshop moved to new location (Seremban/Semenyih - can't recall).

Anyway, I believe that the slipping is not the gear itself. There's no metal residue or burn marks when I changed the fluid last week.

Could vacuum leaks causes slipping? Is it possible the error in air/fuel ratio causes the ECU 'pening' and send in wrong signal to the gear - hence the slipping?

xamel1975

Dec 6, 2004
Update:

Wife called and said the car now jerking followed by engine dies.

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh
Hi,

My Trekker have this problem where the gear slips when it's hot.

I changed the ATF with treatment fluid. And a check on the ECU shows an error P0170 - fuel trim bank 1. Vacuum leaks?

My wife use the Trekker daily and she says that the slip is more noticable when the car turns right. I believe this is a sign of faulty transmission pump.

I'm planning to take to Ah Wah soon to get it checked. Just need some feedback on possible issue from sifus here.

FYI, I've sent the gear for overhaul last year. Barely touched 20K since the overhaul.
wow...20K for overhaul the gearbox only? so expensive...
what the shop name?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

super huge who want to look sexy

what would you do if your buddy asking for botox -

Banish unsightly neck bands. Clear away irksome crow's-feet. Botox injections are being used to erase the effects of time. Some say poison, some say wrinkle

It's the same toxin that causes a life-threatening type of food poisoning called botulism. Doctors use it in small doses to treat...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience