Hwl and Kyb rs pro coilovers - Zerotohundred.com

Zerotohundred.com
HOME FEATURES NEWS FORUMS THE MARKETPLACE TIMETOATTACK!
Go Back   Zerotohundred.com > Car Brands > Car Manufacturers > Proton > Satria Neo Forums

Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-21-2017, 10:12 PM   #1
lukel95
50bhp Junior

Liked: 0 / 0 Posts
Default Hwl and Kyb rs pro coilovers

Hi can anyone tell me how low the kyb rs pro can take the satria neo, fasmoto tell me 100mm and kakimoto tell me 40-50mm😣. I need to drop about 70mm..any suggestions, I'm looking at kyb rs pro or hwl hi lo, need to know what mm drop they have

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
lukel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:17 AM   #2
BFX73

Liked: 12 / 10 Posts
Default Re: Hwl and Kyb rs pro coilovers

hye there...the 100mm like u dun have much of the suspension travel
BFX73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 03:23 PM   #3
GuyInPersona
50bhp Junior

Liked: 3 / 3 Posts

KYB RS Pro is a high low coilovers. Which means when you lower it, it compresses the spring which then also reduces the suspension travel. Besides, when i surveyed for this KYB for my persona (my plan is front half finger and rear about 1 finger clearance), they suggested not to go for kyb as there will be tyre rub due to KYB soft nature. If you plan to lower your car at about 70mm, i will say try save and go for the ones with body shift
GuyInPersona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:16 PM   #4
vr2turbo

Liked: 7,637 / 5,720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInPersona View Post
KYB RS Pro is a high low coilovers. Which means when you lower it, it compresses the spring which then also reduces the suspension travel. Besides, when i surveyed for this KYB for my persona (my plan is front half finger and rear about 1 finger clearance), they suggested not to go for kyb as there will be tyre rub due to KYB soft nature. If you plan to lower your car at about 70mm, i will say try save and go for the ones with body shift
Funny, I have one set hi/lo and to lower I need to reduce the compression of the springs so that the weight of the car settles on it. Compressing the springs actually pushes the car up so it goes higher
vr2turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:42 AM   #5
GuyInPersona
50bhp Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr2turbo View Post
Funny, I have one set hi/lo and to lower I need to reduce the compression of the springs so that the weight of the car settles on it. Compressing the springs actually pushes the car up so it goes higher
Ke aku kena tipu by the shop so that I will buy HWL instead of KYB. Because that's what he told and then he suggest the hwl
Old 06-01-2017, 09:51 AM   #6
GuyInPersona
50bhp Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr2turbo View Post
Ok just checked and you was right. Looks like I received the different explanation or interpret it wrongly. Anyhow thanks
Old 06-01-2017, 07:27 PM   #7
vr2turbo

Liked: 7,637 / 5,720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInPersona View Post
Ok just checked and you was right. Looks like I received the different explanation or interpret it wrongly. Anyhow thanks
No worry, now you know. At least won't be con by the shop now....
vr2turbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Zerotohundred.com > Car Brands > Car Manufacturers > Proton > Satria Neo Forums

Previous: Previous Thread | Next Thread :Next

Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

SEARCH

Our YouTube Videos

2000 - 2017 Zerotohundred.com - The Automotive Enthusiasts' Network | Tags | Terms of Use | Visitor Agreement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Privacy Statement | Top