Here we go again....My Baby is MIS-FIRING now!...

CLS78

Known Member
Aug 24, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Just as i was about to think that the problem has finally gone away and my Baby will be in Tip-Top conditions again....Then it happened again!...Not the same problem as before.,..but another part...What frustrates me was...these problems had to come after one another and why not come together so that the matters can be resolved in 1 repair!...It just had to come right after the previous one was fixed...But these are the nature of our vehicle...They are a "wear & tear" parts/components...so they are bound to be spoil when the time comes....Well, if you own a car..these are the things that you must be prepared to face in the future..as the car gets "Older"...

Okay, back to the "latest Problem"....This time the engine was Mis-Firing....A barely noticeable "strange vibrations" was present at the time....It doesn't happened everytime to add to the misery....During the first start of the day, the engine ignites & runs like normal...Only after i drove around or the next engine starts, this Mis-Firing comes....The whole car vibrates noticeably but the engine never die...it just vibrates as if it was gonna shut down but it didn't....Especially when i adds throttle up to the car, the vibrations seem to transformed the vibrations into a 'Chocking-like' power where the car seem like it lost some power....The vibrations gone but the car became underpower....

So, i brought my CLS again into the workshop & same mechanic...He scanned & diagnosed my CLS using his laptop where his Generic OBD II software & program, it reads out...

DTCs: P0305 - misfire on cylinder #5
P0301 - misfire on cylinder #1

He observed while the engine was at idle, the misfire or 'weird vibration' was barely noticeable...No vibrations were felt when he raised the engine RPM while my car was in 'Park' and under 'no load'...But, when returning to idle speeds after cranking the throttle, we started to feel the misfire...

He then removed the 15-amp fuse (#58 - ignition coil) from the driver's side SAM.....the engine was running without misfiring....He later explained to me what he actually did...why the misfiring seem to disappeared & what problem has my CLS encountered...I will tell you guys about it in my next postings here.....stay tune!

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
For vehicle that from Japan, mass air flow or mass air pressure sensor is the key to have mis-firing.
Next will be leaking in head gasket or intake manifold. Last will be ignition firing & injector.
hould be not much different in Conti car as well.

Btw, did u open up the spark plug to check on the condition?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
For vehicle that from Japan, mass air flow or mass air pressure sensor is the key to have mis-firing.
Next will be leaking in head gasket or intake manifold. Last will be ignition firing & injector.

hmmm wondering....a leaky head gasket would probably result in it misfiring constantly right? not just when it gets hot?

CLS78

Known Member
Aug 24, 2016
Petaling Jaya

I didn't pull the spark plug out to check it cos i didn't have a proper tools and since my engine is V8...i couldn't find where it was and if i do find it...it might be difficult for me to reach it....hahaha

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I didn't pull the spark plug out to check it cos i didn't have a proper tools and since my engine is V8...i couldn't find where it was and if i do find it...it might be difficult for me to reach it....hahaha

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
V8 engine makes the engine compartment very compact, air box is right on top. To get to the plugs all that got to come off first......lol:biggrin:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
V8 engine makes the engine compartment very compact, air box is right on top. To get to the plugs all that got to come off first......lol:biggrin:
yeah... sparkies in a v engines usually a big pita to get out...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
extra work, means extra labour charges when sending the car for repair in workshop. This is why perdana V6 services cost more...

CLS78

Known Member
Aug 24, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Next month, my CLS 350 will enter the workshop for a major work....I had recently received a used "perfect Condition" CLS 350 engine from Japan which arrived thrus shipment last week...The engine itself cost me RM11,000....The installation cost have yet to be inform.....You guys have any advice for me before i proceed? thanks

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Next month, my CLS 350 will enter the workshop for a major work....I had recently received a used "perfect Condition" CLS 350 engine from Japan which arrived thrus shipment last week...The engine itself cost me RM11,000....The installation cost have yet to be inform.....You guys have any advice for me before i proceed? thanks
Used and Perfect Condition, so which is which? If perfect meaning all in good condition including the belts, oil seals etc., what about the fluids, like oil. Normally for us if half cut engine we change all the belts, seals and fluids before installation....

Last edited:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
you should asses the halfcut / engine before committing, although it is no uncommon to find really low mileage scraps from Japan.

CLS78

Known Member
Aug 24, 2016
Petaling Jaya
you should asses the halfcut / engine before committing, although it is no uncommon to find really low mileage scraps from Japan.

I had an advice from a good friend who own a import cars shops...he was the one who been arranging it for me and got it shipped here...i trust him cos he's in this business for years...plus i was too busy with works to have time to really look into it...i hope it will be fine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

how do those ppl raise their bonet for hot air to come out???

need to change de hinge or just selit a piece of metal in between de hinge's mounting?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience