lower control arm mod

jesam

Known Member
Jul 8, 2015
cyprus
Ok first get your self some evo arm's if all bushes are ok then use but if not replace makes sense to whilst they are out .
take them to a machine shop and have 3mm taken off both sides of the big bush the metal part in side the bush on both arms .if no machine shop then you could grind them down .but milling is better then you are ready to fit just take out your old ones and refit the evo ones in job done then just get the tracking reset and then your good to go :driver:

o and when you get your evo arms make sure they have the drop link bracket very important as airtrek ones are welded on

weiye

Jan 26, 2014
Singapore
Does the mod require the entire evo subframe? Or our trek can fit the lower arms direct? And have you tried using the evo steering rack as well? thanks!

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
normally these guys get the whole subframe together with steering rack replacing the stock.. but i never knew the arm could be mod to fit. then you already solve one of the airtrek's weak point as stock arm bush cannot be replace(ball joint).. bravo jesam.. its a really good mod.

jesam

Known Member
Jul 8, 2015
cyprus
I used airtrek subframe its a really easy mod all you need to do is take 6mm off each bush 3mm off the top and 3mm off the bottom on both arms and i am thinking of changing the steering rack to evo rs as it has a faster response. ......
and did you know that the rear differential case is the same as an RS case on the airtrek just has different mounting points so you can take out the diff and replace with an lsd all you need to do is shim it i put evo 9 rs one in so you dont have to spend loads on buying a new case just the lsd .... i was amazed to see the the airtrek has an evo rs rear differential housing :driver:

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
oh i know that.. rear and fronts.. cause the rear has AYC. so wont fit. our 4wd shaft also slightly different from evo as the evo has smaller gear shaft. so wont fit as well. but you can always get the LSD from front and rear to install inside our stock casing.:driver:

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh
normally these guys get the whole subframe together with steering rack replacing the stock.. but i never knew the arm could be mod to fit. then you already solve one of the airtrek's weak point as stock arm bush cannot be replace(ball joint).. bravo jesam.. its a really good mod.
may i know if we mod the evo subframe to our trek. which generation evo is compatible?

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
may i know if we mod the evo subframe to our trek. which generation evo is compatible?
all CT9A subframe is pnp to airtrek. but need to get the whole subframe with steering rack and lower arm as well. if you use brembo, u can also use evo knuckle also. but need the driveshaft to fit.

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh
all CT9A subframe is pnp to airtrek. but need to get the whole subframe with steering rack and lower arm as well. if you use brembo, u can also use evo knuckle also. but need the driveshaft to fit.
means from evo 4 to 10 subframe also can pnp to our airtrek right.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all. My wife's car (MyVi 1.3) was drowned in the flash flood last week. The water level was up to the coin drawer(I don't really know what it was called). The car was parked when it was sank. After the flood I've tried to start the engine but failed. Does any of otai here have any idea what's the problem since the Perodua Service Centre quoted me RM16k to repair the car(I rather go to other workshop than paying that RM16k). Any recommend for trustworthy & good workmanship workshop(with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience