W124 brake disc swap

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I have some question regarding Merc W124 front and rear brake.
My bro have an E200 W124 with solid front disc. Braking power is ok for an uncle but for young guy like him,it will overheat very quickly indeed. Now we are looking to change to E260 front disc as its ventilated. Is this mod plug and play or we have to change the caliper too?
If yes,is the caliper plug and play?

Another question is how do i remove the rear caliper?
i cant do it as the disc seems to stuck to the handbrake mechanism which is in the disc hub.cant see how to release that either.

Thank You for your reply.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I am just taking a guess, bro.

For the front brake disc, most likely the ori caliper need to be changed with the vented brake disc.
From my experience, vented disc are much thicker than solid disc. As such, the ori caliper gap will not fit the vented disc thickness.

Solid disc suck, and I know it through experience. The brake fade can be felt even during trafficlight start-stop(s) condition.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
They make ventilated discs for your W124 now. No need to change calipers. If I'm not mistaken it's the same spec as certain other cars so it's interchangeable too.

Then for your rear, take pics. I can't imagine it. If you're really unlucky, you might need special tools for your brakes.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think the rear are disc drum type. Disc for foot brake and drum for handbrakes like in my SUV....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

frenz....

i need to know about how much market selling halfcut for 4G92 MIVEC....??

anybody know??
the prize will include what parts??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience