Engine Valve Loose and Shaky: Please help

arwynkumardjokovic

Sep 3, 2012
Selangor
hi guys please help!

After removing the engine head,i realised one of the valve is shaky.Meaning even after tightening it,it has a little freeplay...and this can cause lost of compression and kncking...my mechanic told me that the head needs to be changed...Is there any other way?

I hav a whataspp video in my handphone but dunno how to upload liao..

thx guys:adore:

dking91

Known Member
Mar 26, 2013
pekan
Not very clear how the valve loose..it still loose even with valve spring on? Valve seat problem?

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, if loose will make louder noise (tappets) but valve springs should hold them in place for compression......

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
need to change valve guide...

that could becomes worst when valve floating and snapped....in the end major overhauls including replacing piston and conrod and bearings maybe

dking91

Known Member
Mar 26, 2013
pekan
Sifus alrdy answered the question...what ur pomen said true so btter change head...cheaper then changing valve seat or send to engineering see if can just repair the valve seat

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Sifus alrdy answered the question...what ur pomen said true so btter change head...cheaper then changing valve seat or send to engineering see if can just repair the valve seat

I guess it sorta depends on what sort of head this is. If it's super stock then changing a newer one (halfcut) would cost the same as sending to a machine shop to fix the seat. But if it's already ported and polished, it's probably more worthwhile machining it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ferrari and Lamborghini will always be archrivals as long as they exist in the motoring world, and they had actually engaged in a silent power race between each other for quite some time. For example, when Lamborghini came up with the new Gallardo, it has 560 horsepower in its disposal which not long after that...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience