TTA 2014 Finale: Nothing Romantic Here...

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
Shedden of ExoticMods whispered "Good job bro... that's really a fast laptime."
And as he shook my hand and handed me the EURO SUPER STREET 3rd place trophy, I stared into the large crowd gathered in front of me, smiled nervously for the camera, and soaked it all in... What a way to end 2014.

TimeToAttack is in essence a grassroots event that brings all makes & models of "go fast" vehicles together for one massive raping of the Sepang International Circuit tarmac.

Turn 2 is probably one of the trickiest turns to get "just right"

Having been a regular TTA participant for 2 years running, I think I've been around the scene long enough to clear up some of the misconceptions associated with the event. To the outside world and spectators at large, it may seem that there is an unspoken, unheard, and unseen tension between camps. From VW versus Audi, to everyone hating on Honda, tuning houses out-to-get other tuning houses, and a rivalry between Malaysians & Singaporeans.

As romantic as all this drama seems, I'm sorry to break it to you guys that at the end of the day, the drivers are really just a bunch of boys playing around with our toys. Think of it as show & tell day in kinder-garden where every kid brings his favorite Transformer, Ninja Turtle or Barbie Doll, and tells the class why he or she loves it. At the end of class, the teacher gives out awards for the best presentations, and at recess, everyone hangs out and gets to check out their friends toys.

Kingston, Cornelius and the Everco gang hanging out over some light "refreshments"

And that's what TimeToAttack essentially is unfortunately... Just a bunch of kids getting together to play with their toys. Sure there's a huge crowd, and sure there's cameras & media, and sure there's trophies to be won... But all's well that ends well, we leave smiling at each others performance and swear to ourselves to do better next time. Nothing romantic here.

R.S. Collectif members show up to cheer for the drivers!

Wefie with VW Club Singapore's Jeremiah & Eugene See

So as I stepped off the podium and contemplated the day and 2014 at large, reflecting on my new personal best of 2:32.599 and how far I've come over the years, I can't help but be thankful that whenever I'm trackside... I've finally found a family and a place that I can truly call home.

Cheers to an awesome 2014!

Attachments

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just sharing my experience...

MY car got broken into TWICE.

First time: Bangsar. I parked in front of the POS LAJU, under the street lights on christmas eve. I believe there were thousands of ppl around ,yet those pricks managed to break my driver window and stole my player, AFC,boost and egt meters. They even tried to take my seat, as they tried to remove the bolts!

Second time was when the uncivilized pricks broke into my car while it was safely parked inside the compound of my house...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience