Weber carburetor conversion kits are not necessarily designed for "do‐it‐yourself"
installation. Although some non‐professionals are capable of working on their
own vehicles, the mechanical skills required to properly install and adjust a critical
fuel‐system component like a carburetor may be beyond the amateur mechanic.
Some of the special skills include:
1. Insuring that the engine is otherwise in proper running condition before
attempting to install a replacement carburetor.
2. Measuring and setting the fuel pressure which may require the installation
and adjustment of a fuel pressure regulator.
3. Correctly and safely re‐routing fuel lines.
4. Measuring and setting the air/fuel mixture ratio which may require
changing jets and making other adjustments.
5. Diagnosing and correcting vacuum leaks.
6. Installing and adjusting linkage components and cables.
If you do not possess the required knowledge, skills, tools and instruments please
employ the services of a professional. This will insure a safe, enjoyable and