Does E-manage support L2? EF-JL

JohnSiew

Dec 7, 2003
since some poeple says that e-manage doesnt support 3 cylinder engine :)

nasevo

Mar 15, 2005
from manual/readme, it does stated setting for 3 cylinder. not sure can work or nnnot

antonio

Old Member
Jul 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
just find in ur L2 wiring which controls the air reading in and out, power line,ground tap and rpm sensor...wire it up to the emanage follow the diag for each function...then u are set ready to go...

but in the engine selector u must set to 3 cylinders n firing order 180 deg...eh..wait a minute...emanage got firing order or not...?? :)

polyxtroy

Known Member
Feb 18, 2004
Cannot, missing a proper throttle sensor on all Mira's engine. Mira's throttle sensor operates on on/off setting only. Whereby a proper one's gives the ecu a range of trottle positions. E manage fuel maps are based on rpm/throttle positions/map sensor.. therefore rather untuneable on a L series ecu.. (By experience)

stroker_kit

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
my Jb-det engine from L9, the throttle sensor works just fine...got % also(same goes to Jb-JL)... only L2 dont have the percentage...

ongwoeiluen,
the diagram for L9 in emanage might also refer to L9 4 clinder(jb-det) which is totally different socket...unless the diagram says its for ef-det(L9 also) laa...

JohnSiew

Dec 7, 2003
So if l2 the throttle sensor dont hav the % but would it be able to tune?

equin0x

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
KL
www.keiconcept.net
i believe polyxtroy have experience with e-manage before he throw it away and replace with something else. L200's TPS is based on logic on/off only (either 5v or 0v)

JohnSiew

Dec 7, 2003
Facts about Daihatsu Mira throttle body

When your mechanic tells.you that Daihatsu Mira L200 does not have a

throttle sensor hence air/fuel tuning is not possible, they're probably crapping

or they're not familiar with it.

The fact is..

The Daihatsu Mira DOES have a TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) but the TPS on a Mira is only an On/Off TPS (same like
what we've studied in logic, 1 or 0). Meaning to say, 0 Volts when the throttle is off and 5 Volts when the throttle is on;
even if you just touched it a tiny bit.

On a Potentiometered TPS has on/off feature as the Mira. Upon a little bit more throttle after "on", the voltage goes back
to 0 Volts. Then as you progressively step on more throttle till full throttle, you should get about 4.5volts to 5volts. So
wiring the throttle function in your Mira doesnt do anything as it does not have the progression of the potentiometer.

However, technically if you can fit a potentiometer type TPS to your L200 and still having the On/Off side hooked up to
the ECU, you might be able to get the piggy back air/fuel controller to work, but you would probably have to replace the
entire throttle body.

The disadvantage of this set up is that, if your vehicle is tuned for 14psi (1kpa or 1.0 bar) of boost, running less boost
might be a little richer than required. So to be honest, not much of a big deal as fitting a potentiometer type TPS, you will
get the air/fuel tuning to work, but the ECU would still have nothing to do with it.

To summarise that, myth said that air/fuel tuning is not possible on a L200 but the actual fact is, it is possible to be done!
Apexi S-AFC is a good economical start. The EF-JL management system does not run a TPS and therefore, you can't
tune your low throttle setting. However you can tune the high throttle at full wide open throttle, which may make your
mixtures slightly richer if you are running lower boost than what it is tuned for.

JohnSiew

Dec 7, 2003
I just install e-manage to my L2 n just like
stroker_kit say L9 throttle sensor works just fine...got % but only L2 dont have the percentage... so there is another way to tune even without show the % :) with MIcrotech AFR1 Air/Fue now my car run smooth n far different compare with Apex SAFC:)

Last edited:

Philip

Known Member
Dec 4, 2003
john, mind telling which tuner you went to for the installation and tuning?you could PM me as well..

Thanks!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all sifus out there , is there any different between the Putra 1997 1st batch twin layer brake servo and master pump with the evo 3 ,

i've seen both and yet can't find much difference between them in term of the servo size , master pump , could it be the internals ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience