hai,, i want to know about Proton Saga BLM?
what u all think, any problem right now?
i dun have one but I have the opportunity to drive one for 1 week when my car masuk bengkel....its my sis car (SAGA B line auto) btw
What I like abt it
1. Very comfortable
2. Very snappy gearbox....after 1-2 days learning curve la....
3. Nicely weighted power steering - might considered heavy by some during low speed.... but I like it that way
4. the aircon is very cold... set the temp to quarter....oledy cold
5. nice FC - I filled rm30 worth ( fuel gauge level raised 2 bar) of petrol at home (Kajang) and go to office (USJ), then to customer site at TTDI, than go to another site at Kelana Jaya, then to Sunway for lunch, then back to TTDI, picked my sis at PJ sec 16 then back home again... all in all it sip only 1 bar off the fuel gauge
What I don't like
1. The throttle response - can't seem to modulate right because of light pedal feel...maybe it's the drive by wire. SC sez that the ECU is learning my style... so I guess if i use it more than a week, it should be ok
2. poor sound insulation - when rained, it feels like u boxed inside a tin can
3. aircon blower speed - at setting number 1 is a bit slow... but at setting number 2...waaaay fast...wonder what the other 2 settings are for?
4. auto gear knob button - easy to be stuck...so if u're in D and u accidently knocked the knob forward... it easy to knocked into neutral (fixed oledy at SC)
5. petrol smell at the back - checked at the SC, they say that a valve/neck that supposed to prevent the fuel from evaporating does not work......SC says it a common problem for SAGA..oledy fixed
But stil.. for a car less than 40k...it's a good car...in my opinion anyway
__________________ My rides
Perodua Kancil EZi 850cc - 2003
Converted to 660cc 4cyl Turbo from Mira L502
Proton Saga FLX SV 1300cc - 2014
Still stock standard
Modenas Kriss MR1 100cc - 2015
Still stock standard
i second ur opinion.been driving around 1 for a while now.the sound insulation is
very poor.the power(acceleration) is also the same.if u drive a manual,u can feel
the steering vibrate when u floor the throttle.quite disappointed.but hey,for a car
below rm35k,i still recommend blm.and about the a/c...hehehe,middle setting and
u feel like ur in a refrigerator.
Cheap, relatively for a car that is quite spacious.
Doesn't look as cheap on the outside. (like the rear lights)
Interior is ok, except for the steering, feels very plasticky.. Something from Waja would be nice though. Other than that, its great!
Seats are nice and comfy.
Got quite some pick up. Feels effortless even though it weighs at least 1.1 ton (net weight).
Wide and spacious even at the rear.
What I didn't really like about the car
Well, the little things that may annoy you is that if you are used to the driver side's power window that automatically goes up and/down, in the New Saga, it doesn't... Have to press all the way.
The rear seats don't fold down, either that or the guys at Proton hid the handle really well till I can't find a sensible way to fold it down.
Throttle response is at least 0.5sec slow to react, when it does, you suddenly rev up to 5000 rpm from 2000. Maybe I'm not used to it yet or the ECU is still wondering how I wanna trash the engine.
ABS and EBD would be nice. And a 1.6 IAFM version would be great!!!
The seating position is a little tall, but the car is tall so... Well, its great that you can't see the bonnet when you drive, but kinda a pain if you need to make some precision parking.
overall experience about this car is good. value for money, mine saga B-line manual....drives well, insulation so so, seats yea...very high and cant adjust height...only m-line can adjust.
mine no reverse sensor, no fog lamp, no electric side mirror, no alloy rims....bit regret, should have bought the m-line with additional rm2k only.
consumption wise..ok coz i travel highway mostly. pick up bit sluggish, but for a 1.3 its acceptable, outlook, nice and stylish for a 35k car. interior - dashboard plastic lor and steering also plastic lor but overall i would say its a best buy for a town use car.....cheerz