I'm sure most of you heard of a gizmo called the "Speed Trap Detector", haven't you?
From what I understand, there are generally 2 kinds, Radar or Laser. It's mostly just connected to the ciggarette lighter socket.
My questions are:
1) Speed Traps in malaysia, are they Radar type or Laser type?
2) How legal is it to own one of these detectors? and is there a penalty for owning them?
3) Which brand / manufacture would you recommend, and whereabouts to install it?
1) some place use Radar type some highway use laser...
- u can spot them under the bridge...
- future type is highway camera...currently use for traffic...later speed trap..camera
- this future type just need to upgrade the software...as currently use in UK.
2) it illegal
-penalty ...maybe jail.
3)brand there is so many ...try not to buy the cheap one...
tests done on this unit in uk shows that the police also need to be at strategic places for the speed trap to be effective and efficient. unlike malaysian police they just 'pacak' whereever they want, but especially under the bridge on highway.
for radar type, this device is very good, can sense at an ample range for you to slow down and be an 'angel' on the road. the american advertise these a lot on their car magazines. this detector works by sensing the frequency used by the speed trap radar, hence sometimes you may get false alarm, due to so many frequency in an area.
for laser type, this one is the most diffucult to sense, coz lazer ride on a narrow beam and the beam can be pointed on any part of the vehicle. if i'm not wrong, those police are trained to point to several strategic points on your ride to get a good reading.
pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name,
but what's puzzling you is the nature of my game
Ps : Like lasttime ppl said use Nokia phone put Close User Group to "0000" can detect police speed trap...mana boleh la...
Did you tell those people who talked about that nokia feature, that if they create a caller group called IMASTPDFARK, the Nokia phone will automatically input their FULL NAME, IC NUMBER and HAND PHONE number into that group?
hehehe You should tell them that next time. Apparently, it's a "bug" found in nokia phones.