Rewirring 4age silvertop to Blacktop's ECU

silvertop madness

Jan 25, 2014
Kuching
Hye all, i am currently rewirring my car to use blacktop wirring and ecu, Walbro fuel pump installed, currently using 4-2-1 headers, planning to install SARD FPR & some trumpets..i posted before about my 4age silvertop having the problem of semput2..that's why its in the bengkel and going to rewirring..any advises about my upgrades?? Thanks all..:confused:

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Rewiring is a non reverseable job. If the work suck, you will have never ending nightmare.
Why don't you use a SVT to BT socket converter? Just plug and play and you are up to run in less than an hour.
After all if you are not happy with BT performance, you can just take out the converter and plug back your SVT ECU and AFM.
Everything will go back to standard original.

silvertop madness

Jan 25, 2014
Kuching
Thanks for the advice bro..but now my car is ordi in da process of rewiring. .hopefully everything goes we'll. .any updates I'll post here:biggrin:

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
Yes, please update to us, I also have problems !!!! and when tried so many methods for so long can't then go ahead do whatever, even though risky, but for sure can learn something out of it to be better in the future.

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
Hye all, i am currently rewirring my car to use blacktop wirring and ecu,
Sorry, want to ask double confirm.

A) Are you modifying existing wiring?

or

B) take out ALL existing wiring, swap in ALL blacktop wiring, without cut and paste.

????

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

or

B) take out ALL existing wiring, swap in ALL blacktop wiring, without cut and paste.

????
Yup, wanted to ask the same thing, changing the wire harness to BT ones?

silvertop madness

Jan 25, 2014
Kuching

or

????
Bro, accoustic...its B..change the whole wiring using BT and MAP..

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Just offtrack for this question, wer can I find 110mm trumpets for my silvertop?? I heard dat is good for torque, sacrifice on the top end though..now my four throttle is just opened.planning to put trumpets, done some reading and found dat dis 110mm is best for torque..hehehe

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
Answer = B)

That's very good to hear :) thumbs up !!!!!

Trumpet... I don't know lah..... sorry :(

silvertop madness

Jan 25, 2014
Kuching
Hello, otai2..just wanted to inform you guys that my car is done with the silvertop to blacktop wiring conversion..it's great..im currently running on ITB's length 70mm..top end is awesome but i lost the mid..

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
Congratulations, very good to hear, problem solved, upgrade successful, enjoying the fruits :) please tell more :). Pictures too !!!

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Great to hear that.
Please make sure that your Intake Air Temperature sensor is connected. Some mechanic who did this way of conversion will not bother to connect this tiny sensor because it won't cause the check engine light to pop up.
But with the absent of IAT, the engine lost 5hp.

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
Great to hear that.
Please make sure that your Intake Air Temperature sensor is connected. Some mechanic who did this way of conversion will not bother to connect this tiny sensor because it won't cause the check engine light to pop up.
Brother, on another topic, when my car can go in saloon wash hair?

silvertop madness

Jan 25, 2014
Kuching
Great to hear that.
hye there bro, regarding the IAT, wer is it located?? My meter also doesn't show the engine check simbol when my car is on..is that the problem of the IAT??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Now a days interior modification of the car has really grabbed the attentions of the car enthusiasts and they are showing up with different innovations almost every day.The reason is simple.More innovations in the car's interior materials.Car interior is a wide terminology but I will, for the sake of simplicity stick my self to the car dashboard.
Obviously the first thing of the car interior which comes into notice is the dashboard bearing lots of panels and slots and if job well done,one...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience