20 demerit point system

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Maybe this thread discuss before.
So the point system get the green light.
Earlier is for 'P' sticker driver. Now for everyone.
What do you guys think ? heavy footers.
Better G implement all car auto cut off at 110kph. one shot chop the head. :banghead:

I duno how the point works. Eg: driver got 10 points, if he/she behave. Will the 10 points reduce automatically ?:confused:

Last edited:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
T & C mean, lighter foot :driver:
errr...just read, 24mths good driving to reduce point.

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
That is already implemented for ages in the US and many other developed countries, nothing new or surprising. The principle for speed goers is still the same, just don't get caught speeding!

Mandatory speed cut at 110kph from the factory would not work coz people will quickly find a way to by pass it.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That is already implemented for ages in the US and many other developed countries, nothing new or surprising. The principle for speed goers is still the same, just don't get caught speeding!

Mandatory speed cut at 110kph from the factory would not work coz people will quickly find a way to by pass it.
If not mistaken, this was supposed to be implemented in MY some time back, as MY boilh keep postpone and so on until now.....lol

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i agree with street driving rules. traffic light, double line....etc.
How about frequent travelers, everyday drive safely at 120-140max. 20 points is not enough if really bad luck.
Speeding offense is too general specifically on highway. Unless racing.

extra info
http://www.jpj.gov.my/documents/10157/60f66a26-0043-4ae8-b401-e888a7caf5d5
That's why I feel that the speed limits everywhere in MY is already very outdated! Just way too slow, especially on highways.

If not mistaken, this was supposed to be implemented in MY some time back, as MY boilh keep postpone and so on until now.....lol
With this point system though, by right they cannot summon just based on speed cameras and penalize the car owner's points because the owners may not be necessarily the violating driver. If they just still do this, then they'd penalize the wrong driver points. So when they want to catch and penalize by points, then they must do on the spot so they got the actual driver licenses to penalize.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
That's why I feel that the speed limits everywhere in MY is already very outdated! Just way too slow, especially on highways.

With this point system though, by right they cannot summon just based on speed cameras and penalize the car owner's points because the owners may not be necessarily the violating driver. If they just still do this, then they'd penalize the wrong driver points. So when they want to catch and penalize by points, then they must do on the spot so they got the actual driver licenses to penalize.
their pics... very damned clear, most of the time you can even see your face (long as the car isnt tinted like crasy)

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
their pics... very damned clear, most of the time you can even see your face (long as the car isnt tinted like crasy)
Nope, not always clear. I've seen it before, cannot even identify if male or female driver! Even worse if the driver is wearing sunglasses and/or hat.

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
With demerit point, must provide highway with no speed limit.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
They make owner declare the driver......lol:rofl:
But then they still already penalize the owner first which might be wrong. So IMHO there's still many things not yet figured/ironed out to make this point penalty work properly and fairly.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any foreman here can advice me?

My spark plug lead has gone brittle and those rubber pieces are in my spark plug chambers.
Tried to take some out but I can't.

I am gonna change my valve cover gasket soon but i still can't access it.
Letting the rubber dropping inside the combustion chamber would be my last resort. :bawling...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience