Honda City IDSI Gear problem

liwyt

liwyt

Oct 9, 2004
pj
Visit site
Dear all,

Im driving a Honda City IDSI 2003 model, and my gear will start jerking when i acelerate when my millage reach ard 30K, thn i changed my CVVT gear oil , after another 20k millage it jerking again wehn i accelerate , thn i chnage the gear oild again, thn now after 5k i changed the auto oil, it started a small jerking again.

Guys , may i know how to solve this problem? I don't think keep changing the CVVT oil oftenly (in less thn 20k millege) is a good solution.

Please advise....

Many thanks!

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
you using original honda CVT oil? i think its best to go back to Honda's service centre to troubleshoot this problem.

liwyt

liwyt

Oct 9, 2004
pj
Visit site
Yeah , im using original Honda CVT gear oil, hmmm.. i hate the feeling of my syeering jerking when i accelerate :(

overboost_gti

overboost_gti

Apr 17, 2005
Yeah , im using original Honda CVT gear oil, hmmm.. i hate the feeling of my syeering jerking when i accelerate :(

i think u have 2 change gearbox de...cause lots city same year has the problem...i know pg there a place that maybe can repair... good luck

liwyt

liwyt

Oct 9, 2004
pj
Visit site
May i know how much will it cost if i change the gear box? and where to change it?

bien335

1,500 RPM

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
May i know how much will it cost if i change the gear box? and where to change it?
its the start clutch.

if your car is still under warranty, the gearbox is still under waranty, so its free.

BTW, the cost of the GB itself is a whopping ~ RM20k.

bring the car to an authorised SC, and they will do the proper procedures.

project3

Known Member

project3

Known Member
Mar 9, 2006
your gearbox got problem. order from thailand - they got manual gearbox. else will cost rm15k here!!!

liwyt

liwyt

Oct 9, 2004
pj
Visit site
Honda malaysia should call back all the owners that experience this problem to solve it :(

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
If its falls below rm25k, file a claim in tribunal pengguna against honda for product defects. The city gearbox is famous for unreliability,tats why u see so many 3 years City in second hand car dealers place.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
manual? for latest city, no idea. never heard got manual gb for the new city. got old city sure got but the old model is 199X sth model. hehe...........

iz282

4,000 RPM

iz282

4,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
manual? for latest city, no idea. never heard got manual gb for the new city. got old city sure got but the old model is 199X sth model. hehe...........

Kasi ROJAK or kasi Goreng habis with other type of GB lor.....

Like the Ali punya Tongkat + Limau ma.........

Then the car with driver would go like this.......
:rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys,

Would like to share a practice work with the community on why you should never rush a paint job.

Below is a spoiler that has heavy oxidation on the clearcoat which should not have happen as the car is only 5 years old and well taken care of by the owner. Note that only the spoiler display such symptoms...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience