My Proton Makeover – Work in Progress pics of 1992 Saga

DeaconFrost

Known Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
September 8, 2011 at 4:15 pm By Danny Tan

UPDATE: Saga will be handed back to Fadly next week – stay tuned for the reveal!

The ‘My Proton Makeover’ contest, which is part of the national carmaker’s 1Perayaan Proton programme, kickstarted last month with the first project car, Fadly Hisham Roplay’s 1992 Saga. Fadly’s WCP 3145 came with a nice heart warming story, which won him the makeover ala Overhaulin’.

Playing the role of the famous Foose and friends are the boys from R3, Proton’s motorsports division headed by top drifter Tengku Djan Ley. His 19-year-old Saga will be in R3′s workshop for four weeks for a complete “tip to toe rework, inside out.”

Here are some pics of the work in progress, taken from Proton’s Facebook page. It shows Fadly’s Saga being stripped to the bone, and R3 working on the old body, which must have collected some rust by now. His Megavalve also gets a new paint job and new parts. The final pic shows a nice R3 rim with a similar design to that on the R3 Satria Neo.

Fadly is a lucky guy, and as a fellow owner of the last batch 1992 Saga Megavalve, I really envy him! View the pics after the jump.

Haha I still remember my dad's Proton Knight. Still remember the TV ad Proton Knight being dropped off a plane. One day I waited for a very long time for my dad to fetch me from primary school, I started to think that my dad had actually forgot about me.

Suddenly I saw one black car moving closely, window down, saw my dad waving his hand. Haha will never forget that moment.

I wish my dad still have that Proton Knight.

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

My dad noticed that I have quite a fair bit of skill in drawing and craft when young, so he bought a sheet of red coloured sticker material and said "why don't you cut out the alphabet K,N, I, G, H, T and I'll paste it on the car emblem".

I did just that. Probably my first ever car modification.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can anybody list down the body mastery art in kl and pj area?

those that can do art work like hand metal bending?
conversion of A to Z body form?

hope can list down so can hunt for good source
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience