PS4 or UC6 or Fleva V701?

mazda6mps

May 2, 2009
Hello fellow sifu and forumners

Would be getting new shoes for my car soon, would like to check with fellow forumners which one of the above PS4 or UC6 or Fleva V701 to go for (best bang for buck e.g comfy, quiet, good dry/wet and mileage) or any outside this suggested brand. Looking at size 225/50/17 and why the reason for your choice.

Looking at PS4 and UC6. There are plenty of reviews on PS4 but seems not much on UC6. UC6 seems only sold in Malaysia at present. Can't find any of UC6 review in Europe or US. also btw Conti tire range name quite confusing (for me at least) cos their model name very similar :confused:

Thank you in advance for your input.

Attachments

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Maybe PS4 if you have the budget. Seems to have good reviews for that. Fleva V701 doesn't seemed to be on the same category as PS4. Not too sure about UC6.

Wait for sifu VR2 to give his opinion on this.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hello fellow sifu and forumners

Would be getting new shoes for my car soon, would like to check with fellow forumners which one of the above PS4 or UC6 or Fleva V701 to go for (best bang for buck e.g comfy, quiet, good dry/wet and mileage) or any outside this suggested brand. Looking at size 225/50/17 and why the reason for your choice.

Looking at PS4 and UC6. There are plenty of reviews on PS4 but seems not much on UC6. UC6 seems only sold in Malaysia at present. Can't find any of UC6 review in Europe or US. also btw Conti tire range name quite confusing (for me at least) cos their model name very similar :confused:

Thank you in advance for your input.
Bro., if there is a tyre that fits all your priorities above, sure will be top seller already.
Tyres have categories, Max, UHP, HP, Mid, Entry, Eco so you have to set your priorities.

A Max performance tyres will have very good handling, superb grip in wet and dry, usually will be noisier and will not be so durable. Jumping down to Eco or entry level, the tyres will be very lasting, probably more quiet, more comfort but will not handle and grip like like max performance tyres.
If looking for something in between, meaning perform and grip well but not as good as Max, and can last longer but not as good as Entry then you look into mid tyres.....

Coming to your tyre choice. PS4 are Max performance tyres, Fleva V701 are UHP and UC6 are somewhere in the mid category.

For Conti tyres they are mostly called contact. Sports Contact, Premium Contact, Extreme Contact, Max Contact, Comfort Contact Eco Contact, Force contact to name a few, latest being Ultra Contact, but don't let the name fool you. Locally Sports contact are Max tyres, Premium contact higher mid, Max contact Mid, Comfort Contact Entry. New Ultra contact (UC) between Max and Comfort, so is at Lower end.

As for other tyres, many for your size, depends on what you want out of the tyres.....
:driver:

mazda6mps

May 2, 2009
For Conti tyres they are mostly called contact. Sports Contact, Premium Contact, Extreme Contact, Max Contact, Comfort Contact Eco Contact, Force contact to name a few, latest being Ultra Contact, but don't let the name fool you. Locally Sports contact are Max tyres, Premium contact higher mid, Max contact Mid, Comfort Contact Entry. New Ultra contact (UC) between Max and Comfort, so is at Lower end.

:driver:

Thank you bro vr2t. Looks like UC6 fits the bill for me then as mid performance.
But I don't kinda understand the highlighted. Are you saying UC6 is consider a inferior tire even to Comfort range? :confused:
sorry for the noobie question

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thank you bro vr2t. Looks like UC6 fits the bill for me then as mid performance.
But I don't kinda understand the highlighted. Are you saying UC6 is consider a inferior tire even to Comfort range? :confused:
sorry for the noobie question
Oops, I think some typo on my part, should have type in full since a lot of overlapping use of words.

What I meant was UC6 is between Max Contact and Comfort contact category.
To be clearer Conti range are as follows:
Sports Contact - CSC6, CSC5, Premium Contact - CPC5, CPC2, Max Contact - MC5, Ultra Contact - UC6, and then Comfort Contact - CCC6, CCC5, so UC6 is at lower end, one step above Comfort contact. If want mid end, should be Premium contact range....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
PS4... don't even need to think.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
No need to think, if got budget for PS4 then just close eye and go for it! Currently for high performance tire, Autoexpress UK have ranked this tire as the no. 1 now, beating all other well known top class tires also.

If you want somewhat still pretty good high performance tire but a lot more affordable price then the Fleva seems a pretty good choice for now. I say 'seems', because not much reviews yet but those I've read says pretty good even though not up to PS4 level.

UC6 is low level tires, so should not be compared to those 2 above. If you want Continental in high performance class, then only CSC5 & CSC3 available in your size. Now CSC5 is also damn good, I'm using it now in the same size as yours and IMHO the best tire I've used so far. (based on some UK Autoexpress review, it's ranked no. 3 as PS4 has taken over the no.1 spot). So yeah just forget about UC6. :biggrin: :burnout:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well, TS may not want performance as his top priority, but if drives a mazda6mps then he probably need PS4....:biggrin:

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Well, TS may not want performance as his top priority, but if drives a mazda6mps then he probably need PS4....:biggrin:
Its not about performance. Its about safety. The time you NEED grip the most is when you're about to rear end the car in front, or when you you're cornering and needed to avoid a group cyclist on the side of the road.

UC6 is just a Sime Tyre branded as Continental *cabut

mazda6mps

May 2, 2009
Thank you all sifu for their valuable input.

Wow, I didn't know UC6 in in such a low quality category. It was launch in much fanfare in this region. No wonder I couldn't find its review story in US or Europe yet. Maybe too low rating to be intro there. Price between UC6 and PS4 not really big in Malaysia

btw is there any shop that takes in tire trade-in in KL/PJ/Klang area? Kinda of straight to the point no bs type of shop that doesn't take you around the garden. I still have 50% tread on my tire and wish to trade-in.any shop that sifu can recommend? I'm really into PS4 now

Thanks

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Wow, I didn't know UC6 in in such a low quality category. It was launch in much fanfare in this region. No wonder I couldn't find its review story in US or Europe yet. Maybe too low rating to be intro there. Price between UC6 and PS4 not really big in Malaysia

btw is there any shop that takes in tire trade-in in KL/PJ/Klang area? Kinda of straight to the point no bs type of shop that doesn't take you around the garden. I still have 50% tread on my tire and wish to trade-in.any shop that sifu can recommend? I'm really into PS4 now

Thanks
Most shop will take the old tyres as trade in. Just how much they give is the question.
In Sunway can try HupShun...

[A]aronLJW

Feb 2, 2017

Thanks
King of Rims (Waze) in Shah Alam section 15, look for me Aaron :biggrin:
Trade in accept

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

helo sifu,
need opinion here,i got a vr4 block that wanted to replace piston.what piston to get beside stock vr4 one?can it fit evo piston nicely?which compression will be higher,vr4 or evo? :regular_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience