Hissing Sound

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Dear All,

Engine : 4G15, 3 speed auto
Problem : Hissing sound

There will be a hissing sound for about 30 second from time to time ( Only when the air con is on ). The hissing sound does cause a drag (negative load) in power. Usually only happens about 80km/h and above. Air con still cold.

What's your thought ?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Dear All,

Engine : 4G15, 3 speed auto
Problem : Hissing sound

There will be a hissing sound for about 30 second from time to time ( Only when the air con is on ). The hissing sound does cause a drag (negative load) in power. Usually only happens about 80km/h and above. Air con still cold.

What's your thought ?
Probably just the air con refrigerant passing through the system, at the expansion valve before the cooling coil. When air con compressor is on there will be a load on the engine....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Probably just the air con refrigerant passing through the system, at the expansion valve before the cooling coil. When air con compressor is on there will be a load on the engine....:driver:
Sometimes I can hear such a sound too. Now your explanation revealed what it is. I can guess it has something to do with air cond but not sure which part of the system or what caused it.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Speaking of air cond, the whole air cond system for the Myvi I have at home is busted. Brought to shop today, need RM1700 to fix it. Need change compressor, change condenser, clean all those piping/coil. The shop say now change to a brand called SWJ, if use original Denso, need over RM2k.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Speaking of air cond, the whole air cond system for the Myvi I have at home is busted. Brought to shop today, need RM1700 to fix it. Need change compressor, change condenser, clean all those piping/coil. The shop say now change to a brand called SWJ, if use original Denso, need over RM2k.
Means compressor kaput and got debris is the system, need to change everything.....:bawling:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
hoho am hoping its just a leak in the evaporator.... the compressor i installed last year was almost new!! should bawak n get it checked out soon.
What are the symptoms and problems that you are facing? No cold air?

The one I had faced in Myvi would be a loud sound when the air cond is switched on. Some kind of whining sound like supercharger sound, lol. It has been going on like that for almost 3 years already until recently cold air stopped coming out.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
What are the symptoms and problems that you are facing? No cold air?

The one I had faced in Myvi would be a loud sound when the air cond is switched on. Some kind of whining sound like supercharger sound, lol. It has been going on like that for almost 3 years already until recently cold air stopped coming out.
mine... its like this, installed the ac last year, all fine, then used it for maybe 1 month? then never used it again till earlier this month when i found it blew very little cool air (basically air is only 'slightly' cool). One thing i did notice was it did hiss every once in a while, and hissed more loudly when i reved the car up..... didnt realise that wasnt normal (my old lmst also hissed alot, but that was fine)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Everyone seems to like it but i see it as just another proton with a different name. IMO i dont think that Persona is going to sell successfully, just as the proton canselor ( or how do you spell this ). I was hoping to see another model completely. I havent seen it in real life yet so i cant quite judge, but still i have only seen a canselor once since its launch. anyone seen a canselor more than once on the roads?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience