Sad: Orchard Road Floods once again - Exotics destroyed

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

I was browsing FB just a few minutes ago and found this. Each photo is like having a spike piercing through my heart :bawling: This is St. Regis Residences Carpark along the Orchard Road. Read on and feel the pain

-------------------------

One year on, Orchard Road area floods again

June 5, 2011 - 8:25pm
By:
Lediati Tan
Yap Ning

TORRENTIAL rain led to flash floods occurring in the Orchard Road area yesterday.

A few millions of dollars went down the drain after luxury super cars were damaged after being submerged in the basement 3 carpark of St Regis Residences at Tanglin Road.

The trail of carnage didn't stop there - Tanglin Mall experienced a 'waterfall' as a ceiling collapsed and goods were destroyed.

The New Paper was on the scene to chronicle the damage.

Read the full report in The New Paper today (June 6).

Check out our mega gallery of the flood below.

TNP PICTURES: Kelvin Chng, Yap Ning and Gary Goh
ST REGIS RESIDENCES BASEMENT CARPARK

TANGLIN MALL

PICTURE COURTESY OF CHARLOTTE ONG

DR VIVIAN BALAKRISHNAN INSPECTS THE DAMAGE

SCOTTS ROAD UNDERPASS

Attachments

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
re: Sad: Orchard Road Floods once again - Exotics destroyed

i dunno wthat yellow fezza was a 458 submarina model :biggrin:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
OUCH!!!! i guess all the supercar owners in singapore should bring those cars over to malaysia where their safety is assured :biggrin:

paohyean

Known Member
Jul 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I'm sad to see what happened to the Italia, Superleggera and GT3 RS..
Though the Roller and Vantage seems unscathed by the flood..
D=

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

OUCH!!!! i guess all the supercar owners in singapore should bring those cars over to malaysia where their safety is assured :biggrin:
I doubt so..
Remember the same thing happen in KL as well when it pours like nobody's business..

dawghause

Aug 4, 2009
Subang Jaya
at least the 458 isn't on fire.

somehow I don't feel sorry for the 458 or the Superleggera or the 911 GT3.
But really weep for the V12 Vantage, those things are limited production.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
As car lovers, as long as if it is your beloved ride, be it DC5,
Civic Type-R or even a Camry or Accord..you will feel heartache
as well.

:frown: :bawling:

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
this one not so bad as last year ... last year worse as many basement carpark got flooded and owners didn't have time to bring their car out in time. This time, most had driven their car out of the basement after the initial siren for possible flooding. From the looks of it, the supercars there in the pic not completely submerged. So Still able to salvage .. water mark on the wall is not higher than air intake and normally these cars door sills are quite good. the most owners have to fork out $$ is to dry clean their carpets and some polish/wax ....

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Sometimes getting a SUV isn't such a bad idea after all. Ohh, these car owners normally drive in groups into Malaysia because afraid kena hijack. Happen before a few years ago ... reported also. It's either car kena hijack or car drown? which is the lesser of 2 evils... hehe

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
this one not so bad as last year ... last year worse as many basement carpark got flooded and owners didn't have time to bring their car out in time. This time, most had driven their car out of the basement after the initial siren for possible flooding. From the looks of it, the supercars there in the pic not completely submerged. So Still able to salvage .. water mark on the wall is not higher than air intake and normally these cars door sills are quite good. the most owners have to fork out $$ is to dry clean their carpets and some polish/wax ....

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Sometimes getting a SUV isn't such a bad idea after all. Ohh, these car owners normally drive in groups into Malaysia because afraid kena hijack. Happen before a few years ago ... reported also. It's either car kena hijack or car drown? which is the lesser of 2 evils... hehe
hehe definitely car drown in a bit better than hijack in my view lah
coz if hijack some bastard punks will have the car
however if drown at least if you cant have it anymore no one else can also except mother earth lol :biggrin:
just my 2 cents

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Open advertising markets overseas makes for very interesting viewing especially in regards to automotive ads. For one thing, it definitely adds some spice compared to the local ads we get with a certain car going up against the dreaded ‘Competitor-X.’

The last major one we saw ended with Mini being handed their petite ass’s on a fine piece of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience