Neuton NT8000

lsm1991

Sep 30, 2011
Hi guys, Any opinions on Neuton NT8000's? Is there anything to watch out for? Already bought them
(my nexen n7000's failed on me, side wall cracked after almost 4 years with barely 15000km on them) just wanted to know if anyone had good/bad experiences with them.

-the day i got em, i was wheel spinning all over the place right out of the shop :burnout:, no grip..
(but i guess thats normal? right now 20km later, no such issues tho i havent really floored it)
-its also picking up alooot of dirt off the ground, can hear gravel constantly being picked up
-and they are so damned harsh!!! (35-36 psi) but could be cause im not used to tires being pumped up so much (i was running 30-32 on my nexens)

Was supposed to ask about em here before buying them but for some reason i forgot to hit send :rolleyes:, anyway it was pretty cheap at around rm240 per wheel (new but 2016 unsold stock) so went ahead with it

Will appreciate any feedback!

Hi guys, Any opinions on Neuton NT8000's? Is there anything to watch out for? Already bought them
(my nexen n7000's failed on me, side wall cracked after almost 4 years with barely 15000km on them) just wanted to know if anyone had good/bad experiences with them.

-the day i got em, i was wheel spinning all over the place right out of the shop :burnout:, no grip..
(but i guess thats normal? right now 20km later, no such issues tho i havent really floored it)
-its also picking up alooot of dirt off the ground, can hear gravel constantly being picked up
-and they are so damned harsh!!! (35-36 psi) but could be cause im not used to tires being pumped up so much (i was running 30-32 on my nexens)

Was supposed to ask about em here before buying them but for some reason i forgot to hit send :rolleyes:, anyway it was pretty cheap at around rm240 per wheel (new but 2016 unsold stock) so went ahead with it

If not mistaken, bro Izso used this tire before and he said it was crap!

lsm1991

Sep 30, 2011
If not mistaken, bro Izso used this tire before and he said it was crap!
ah hahaha!!! i saw some reviews.. such mixed opinions!!

anyway rm240 for 225/40ZR18's.... ahh klah pakai 2 tahun tukar also canlah~

Your old tyres 4 years already. Rubber compound harden therefore sidewall crack. My GT Radial HPY after 4 years also harden and crack whereas my GY Asy2 lasted a year longer, can see the compound harden after 5 years. Even though you only did 15k km is the length of time that deteriorate your tyre compound.
You can try 30-32 psi also. Neuton NT8000 have quite stiff sidewall, maybe that is why your ride is harsh. But I remember you are running 40 series, right? Also let them run in for a few hundred km before pushing them.
As for the gravel could be due to the large grooves. Water channeling should be good, only heard wet traction lower a bit. And after start to wear down noisy also...:smokin:

ah hahaha!!! i saw some reviews.. such mixed opinions!!

anyway rm240 for 225/40ZR18's.... ahh klah pakai 2 tahun tukar also canlah~
No, no that was the Nexen N'fera AU5.....:smokin:
Hahaha ok, did not pay attention to the exact model.

Anyway at only rm240 for that big size, what can you expect?? That's less than half the price of a smaller 17' CSC5, PS4, or F1A3! I suspect the quality reflects the lowly price too. For tires, I think very rare can find a good one but cheap. More often than not is the opposite where not so good ones but price already rather high like some Continental, Bridgestone, Toyo, and Yokohama. Then good one is really damn expensive like CSC5, PS4, F1A3, and P Zero, hence those cheap ones are usually also crap ones. So far the only tires that seem pretty good yet not as expensive are those top models from Hankooks, and maybe the Falken Azenis FK series.

Hankook and Falken top models are actually not that cheap either.......lol

Yes, surely not as cheap as this ATR or whatever but still much cheaper than PS4 and the likes, so still good value for money. For me buying things is not just looking for the cheapest but better is to look for good value for money which is not necessarily dirt cheap, especially when comes to such important things like tires.

Actually you are lucky, PS4 is not that expensive dy. Many tyre shops selling almost at par with PS3 already or some even cheaper. Friend just fitted 215/45R17 at RM410 (Klang), those days PS3 was RM530 to 560 then drop to RM460...:hmmmm:

lsm1991

Sep 30, 2011
Your old tyres 4 years already. Rubber compound harden therefore sidewall crack. My GT Radial HPY after 4 years also harden and crack whereas my GY Asy2 lasted a year longer, can see the compound harden after 5 years. Even though you only did 15k km is the length of time that deteriorate your tyre compound.
You can try 30-32 psi also. Neuton NT8000 have quite stiff sidewall, maybe that is why your ride is harsh. But I remember you are running 40 series, right? Also let them run in for a few hundred km before pushing them.
As for the gravel could be due to the large grooves. Water channeling should be good, only heard wet traction lower a bit. And after start to wear down noisy also...:smokin:
my ride is forever harsh, the shocks dont help, heck hopping in the car hardly rocks it.

ahhh oops, already tried to launch once, actually the grip issues are basically gone, much less slip when shifting from 1-2 compared to the nexen's (maybe those were just hard)

hahaha thats why.... 40 series 18". long as it can last me 2 years i have to diam dah. assuming they last 5 years in tota, this set should have about 4 years left in them. (probably change to 17's before that, cannot tahan the rim situation)

have a few friends using the neuton nt5000, they told me those were fairly decent no troubles with them (and these fellas do at times push their car).. its only 240 cause its old stock (actually im not even sure how much these originally cost)

Actually you are lucky, PS4 is not that expensive dy. Many tyre shops selling almost at par with PS3 already or some even cheaper. Friend just fitted 215/45R17 at RM410 (Klang), those days PS3 was RM530 to 560 then drop to RM460...:hmmmm:
Yeah coz it's also made in Thailand, so it's not expensive like CSC5 or F1A3 but still like double or more than those ATR Sports etc. PS4 is surely in my priority list for the next change, but for my sizes are still surely over rm500 & 600/pc.

Time to try Neuton, Kumho or even Rovelo.....hhahahhaha:biggrin:

Naah, at the very least I'll only consider down to Hankook S1 Evo 2 or V12 Evo 2 or Falken Azenis Fk series, nothing less. I'm actually very interested to try the S1 Evo 2 but seems not as easy to find. The latest Fk510 also seems decent but haven't seen any on sale.

Need to respray my car inside & outside. Has anyone here got any good recommended place where i can go?