Accord Euro-R CL7 maintenance..

helmistaley

Known Member
Jul 12, 2006
Hello hondarians,
Just wanna get some opinion from u guys about accord euro-r cl7....now im looking forward to own one preferably a recon model,but im not very sure about the maintenance cost and availability of the spareparts here in malaysia since the car is very rare.i have a few questions:
1)does it share same engine parts with fd2r,since it also uses k20a?
2)have you guys ever encounter any cl7 halfcut in klang valley area?is it hard to get one?
3)could u guys suggest any reputable workshop for it?bcoz now using EK used to send to 'under tree' workshop...hehe
4)any known problem about the car.....
hope opinions from u guys could help...cheers...:driver:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
As for engine, as long as stock and maintain intervally, shouldnot be any problems.

As for bodyparts, u have to cry first..then may be u get small parts. No hcut available yet. Just pray a lot. But not to worry, s'pore a lot!!

Service centre - any normal workshop can do. Don't too much believe on workshop reputation, especially in sunway areas.

helmistaley

Known Member
Jul 12, 2006
Thank for d info Aja...now as far as i see the problem is to get the bodyparts.for engine i wont worry much since honda is very reliable.nowadays also most of recon car dealer not interested to import the CL7 model that make it more difficult.they said theres no demand and something to do with honda malaysia policy,to avoid competition with malaysian accord something like that.but i believe theres fans and owners of CL7 model out there(ada ka?if so can be my future sifu la...hehe) :adore::adore:

bulet

500 RPM
Oct 24, 2006
Cheras
As for engine, as long as stock and maintain intervally, shouldnot be any problems.
As for bodyparts, u have to cry first..then may be u get small parts. No hcut available yet. Just pray a lot. But not to worry, s'pore a lot!!
Service centre - any normal workshop can do. Don't too much believe on workshop reputation, especially in sunway areas.
agreed....stay in stock condition no problem la. bro aja euro r also no engine modification but still can tapau evo n no major problems on the engine until now

Reactions: aja

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007

hcut should be coming very very soon,...
aprox 2004, now 2009,... lai lai lai,...

Thank for d info Aja...now as far as i see the problem is to get the bodyparts.for engine i wont worry much since honda is very reliable.nowadays also most of recon car dealer not interested to import the CL7 model that make it more difficult.they said theres no demand and something to do with honda malaysia policy,to avoid competition with malaysian accord something like that.but i believe theres fans and owners of CL7 model out there(ada ka?if so can be my future sifu la...hehe) :adore::adore:
CL7, ada,... got many in malaysia already,...
we know there's abt 5,... from havoc and zth and mttrader forum,...
out there on the road,... maybe 100-200,... the R and also the 2.0E and the 2.4 CL9,...

agreed....stay in stock condition no problem la. bro aja euro r also no engine modification but still can tapau evo n no major problems on the engine until now
helmi, no need look for future sifu,...
bulet's original CL1 is more rare than the CL7
u can buy orange/apple for sifu aja / sifu bulet / etc.

anyway, the policy of honda malaysia,...
nowadays not applicable liao,... it was in the early year 2000s that the policy and AP law was in-force, thus, recond hondas (those celebrate 5th birthday) at that time,... u pay a high premium compared to buying an evo/scooby/garisan langit,... etc,...

thatz why the EK9, EK4, CF4, CL1,... and such,... byk kurang in malaysia.

as aja said,... negara singa banyak!

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
yup... go register in shc-forum and then take a look at the 'want to sell' section... more parts for CL7 than u can imagine...

murcielago

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
Bros, now where can get CL7 except Naza ya?? cos so far rahman brothers, dmg, mutiara that used to advertise no longer put CL7 ad d....Naza one very expensive i saw, they quote 18Xk++

helmistaley

Known Member
Jul 12, 2006
Hehe..tats rite amdfaisal,i oso saw ur name in d shc-forum looking for CL7 parts.so now i can see brighter chance to own one:proud: one more question,for normal wear n tear/consumable parts like beltings,engine mounts,oil filter etc can it use fd2r or dc5 ones?are they similar?
later on will belanja sifus ciken rice laa...slightly up than apple/oranges...ehehe

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
we have a taiko CL7R,...

his name is superman

6th gen and 7th gen jdm accord geng, many many sifu,... inside the sifu also got penghulu, presiden, akod-pilot, red sun.

k20aR,...

dc5r, fd2r, cl7r, ep3r,... same lah,... only different tuning and some different dimension at IM, etc,...

weih,...18xK for a CL7???
better buy used,... save 30 to 40k,... can use the $ to modd cantek cantek.

or use the money to buy 1 red CL1, one white cf4, one silver cf4k. Total get 13.5 wheels,... 12 + (3x 0.5 spare tires) :listen::burnout::burnout::burnout:

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
so far i have only come across used CL7R twice... the first one a 2006 model that was on sale in 2007 for 206k complete with some mugen parts and then another one last year in MT... a 04 model asking for 16xk while unreg CL7s were selling for 15xk...

DMG told me once that they can order the car for you... put some deposit and then they'll search the car for you.

the one in NAZA... which one... in TTDI with mugen exhaust or in PJ. in PJ it's an 06 model explaining the high price... well in fact the high price is not really explicable in the first place

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
the k20A engine is practically (almost) identical to the dc5's / ep3's ........ shares alot of common parts , and inter-swappable.

just worry more on the parts like the funny pins / links, especially in the undercarriage , lower arms, mounts, etc , which are not common with other Honda models.

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
so far i have only come across used CL7R twice... the first one a 2006 model that was on sale in 2007 for 206k complete with some mugen parts and then another one last year in MT... a 04 model asking for 16xk while unreg CL7s were selling for 15xk...

DMG told me once that they can order the car for you... put some deposit and then they'll search the car for you.

the one in NAZA... which one... in TTDI with mugen exhaust or in PJ. in PJ it's an 06 model explaining the high price... well in fact the high price is not really explicable in the first place
bien says he know someone selling a white CL7R,... not superman,...

the k20A engine is practically (almost) identical to the dc5's / ep3's ........ shares alot of common parts , and inter-swappable.

just worry more on the parts like the funny pins / links, especially in the undercarriage , lower arms, mounts, etc , which are not common with other Honda models.
got funny pins ah?

use cable tie and uhu gum,...

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
hehehehe. My car tapau-ed my car ! pening!!

helmistaley

Known Member
Jul 12, 2006
i'd searched around and already found a few options...1 unreg unit year '04 selling for rm140k,a few '05 unit selling for approximately rm160k.are the prices reasonable?
1 more question,how many spec there is for CL7-R?like we know like civic/integra got Vi-RS,GSR,Si-R la,tip-R la,bla bla..

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
i'd searched around and already found a few options...1 unreg unit year '04 selling for rm140k,a few '05 unit selling for approximately rm160k.are the prices reasonable?
1 more question,how many spec there is for CL7-R?like we know like civic/integra got Vi-RS,GSR,Si-R la,tip-R la,bla bla..
only one spec,...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

I have some questions.

1. Will there be any difference, if I change the injectors? I'm currently running a 4G13P. Is it a necessary for me to get a adjustable fuel regulator afterthat?

2. If I choose to use High cams 272 degree, what kind of settings or precaution should I take note, in order not to let the car stall?

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience