~cefiro A31 owners forum~

tayarbas

May 23, 2005
kuala lumpur
aiya a31 geng aaa here..good good...im always flying solo wit my a31 no pren...pren lain2 brand ada la...but i got one damn gud pomen tp anything can share wit u all la hehehe

mat

Apr 25, 2005
aiii sume..... aku, mamat dr kemaman....

soalan skit..... brape horse power engine nih
1) sr20det
2) rb20det body a31
3) rb20det body r32

aku pakai a31, tp tengah servey mcm2 nih.... rb20det manual senang tak nak dptkan sparepart? kalau brg2 sr20det senang skit nak dpt brg.... maklum laaa org blah east coast region.... main honda & mitsu jer..... plss help...!!!!

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
mat

go with rb20det from a31... slightly underpowered than the r32 but will cause u less hassle in installation. all straightaway plug in.

parts pretty cheap... and abundance. just need to know where and who to look for.

sr20det... definitely good engine compare to rb20det. but... parts can be hard to find and not cheap. :D

mat

Apr 25, 2005
thanks.. topui....

forget about the sr20det.... if there rb20det from a31 come with manual transmission? my fren got 1, but he say not so power compare with the auto 1. but i hav meet the old timer from trg, they said all a31 with rb20det comes with auto transmission they surf thru internet. i plan to install with the manual transmission, so i interested with the std spec from r32... need yr opinion.....

mat

Apr 25, 2005
thanks..... topui....

how about std spec from r32, actually.., i interested to install manual transmission,
i dont want to "korek2" the engine, just want to use the std spec....
what the problem usually comes.... of cos laaa. mounting kene adjust.... cos i do the price servey rb20det from a31 more expensive then r32.... so need to know yr opinion....

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
Wiring for A31 fits nicely into ur a31.

r32 standard same aaaa with a31... just a bit more power. that's it.

a31 auto only? who said? got la manual. some even have handbrake, not footbrake. ask the sifus in here... zephuros... a31gtst.... devious17.... cmng....

a31gtst

500 RPM
May 27, 2004
a31-t manual transmission got but not as common as r32 rb20 engines.
both engines basically same thing lar...rb20det ...just wiring harness, ecu, turbine and a few things different. The a31 turbo engines are pretty old, its more worth your money to find a good condition r32 engine.

Power wise R32 has on average 5 horses more (pls correct me if i'm wrong).
If you feel tht auto has more power thts probably because you may feel alot of torque wth the auto transmission. Of course you lose a fair bit of power thru the autobox... you will be able to put alot more grunt on the wheel wth the manual box.

When you do the manual conversion dont cut and weld the rear section prop shaft...it can vibrate like a bitch and in the long run kill your gearbox. Use the rear section of the r32 one, its plug n play. Also when you convert, make sure you get the clutch damper...ask your mechanic...if you leave this vital component out, you will be changing gear boxes every 6 months...

cheers

p.s.
gearbox mounting for manual transmission as good as plug and play..only the bottom plate that supports the gearbox is different. You can use the ca18 one, direct fit.

Last edited:

bdin

Known Member
Oct 16, 2004
Hi all. and hi che' mamat. hahaha I believe u've been warned by Tom for using Bahasa in here, sorry for not briefing u at first.

my fren got 1, but he say not so power compare with the auto 1
I believe u meant this by me. Altho' it has been typically rated that RB20DET generates 215 hp, plus resource that A31 RBs are lacking of 5hp than the R32's due it's management, yet suffers another 10hp if u're running auto tranny, I talk through my experience. I haven't exactly record/clock any time for 1/4mile or whatever but; I've experience climbing Timur-Barat hiway at almost no harsh, leaving behind those Vtecs and B8s behind, being able to arrive at spot(although bontot-to-bontot behind) almost at same time in traffic lights chase with wiraMit's turboed(not sure specifically, but surely, due to huge intercooler mounted at front) for many times, and not to mention if I was above 100/120km/h on straight hiway, your speedmeter just like your rpm meter under your gas pedal, all with my previous Auto RB20DET.
But I can tell you, with my present Manual RB20DET, I don't think I can even follow standard proton/perodua trail (short distance). This after all typical troubleshooting has being done. So it just maybe that all cars I met in my experience is fortunately cap ayam, or my current Manual RB20DET engine is cap ayam.

but i hav meet the old timer from trg, they said all a31 with rb20det comes with auto transmission they surf thru internet
I think this 'otai' eat too much of 'petai', or maybe, he just surf thru one single website, then simply made a conclusion. If you inquire the history list of Cefiro A31, u'll reveal that Nissan has factoryly manufactured numbers of variations of A31; bodykit-wise, engine-wise and transmission-wise. From RB20, RB24, RB25 with auto and manual transmissions.

Happy cruising mate, esok pagi balik kampung yaaahooo!

Bdin
NISMO Club-Utara/North

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
hi all..
im hady from kuala kangsar perak..i drive cefiro a31 rb20det also..my problem same to you(cannot start)but different category..first..recently ive change internal fuel pump..(use 2 fuelpump internal n internal) also change sard adjustable fuel regulator to tomei fpr..why engine wont start after change both fuel pump n fpr..pressure to fuel-rail ok(i guess,dont know enough pressure or not coz batery at the back..when fuel reach adjustable fuel regulator theres no presure (0)psi to return fuel back to tank.whats the causes and how to fix it..please help..

kahwee81

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2007
Kuching,Sarawak
1st, check your fuel pump is running or not when you turn on your ignition key. If fuel pump not on, then you need to check your fuse, wiring and etc...