new tyre in front or rear?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
well.. usually rear tyre is OLD but still got plenty of thread left....

so thats where i begin to put new tyre at rear tyre...and use older in front....

since FWD is faster wear infront... hence...old front will fully utilized...then when it time finished all the front thread...

buy new tyre and put at the rear again....

older rear which was previously was new then relocated to the front...

and the cycle continues.... :driver:
Yup, that is the way for 2 tyre change format.....:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Btw somewhat related, I found this interesting article about the view from Michelin about using very worn out tires, which might not be so bad after all! :D

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/Should-we-change-tyres-at-3mm.htm

So if we apply this finding to the topic of this thread, then not necessarily you must put the new tires at the rear! :biggrin: It still depends on the condition of your old tires and what tires are they compared to how good is the new tires that you buy. So let say you are already using a very good high performance tires like PS3. Then because you never rotate, you need to change 2 already originated from the front but due to budget limitation you settle with lower end tires, say some Achilles or something. Then by following the general guidance you put those new low end tires at the rear, and you might actually end up making the car more dangerous even in the wet!

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
I think regardless of front or rear..

most importantly, is to change the tyre on time..
its the safest bet.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Btw somewhat related, I found this interesting article about the view from Michelin about using very worn out tires, which might not be so bad after all! :D

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/Should-we-change-tyres-at-3mm.htm

So if we apply this finding to the topic of this thread, then not necessarily you must put the new tires at the rear! :biggrin: It still depends on the condition of your old tires and what tires are they compared to how good is the new tires that you buy. So let say you are already using a very good high performance tires like PS3. Then because you never rotate, you need to change 2 already originated from the front but due to budget limitation you settle with lower end tires, say some Achilles or something. Then by following the general guidance you put those new low end tires at the rear, and you might actually end up making the car more dangerous even in the wet!
There are many buts and ifs already. Topic is new tyre in front or rear, then how old is the rear, how much pattern left in the rear and now different tyre going budget. Well, if this is the case it will be a case to case basis already......hhahhahahha:rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello,everybody....i have a civic eg with b16a auto gearbox.
i want to change to manual gearbox.
my question is,,,is the auto driveshaft same with the manual one?
please,can anybody provide me information..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience